Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smoljan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
I was browsing Mac Rumors right now and my iPhone was on my desk and out of no where the spinning circle icon appeared on the screen and then my phone shut off!
Has this happened to anyone else?
Creeeepy haha.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
Possibly a low battery, but when my 3G gets low it doesn't alert me. Very weird. Could you just turn it bak on without a problem?

I wish there was a setting for automatic turn on and shut off so that I could have it turn off and not use battery over night...

Smoljan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
My battery has about 1/3 battery life left.
It turned on without a problem.

Haha that would be pretty cool to have that! :D

AiralynRose

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
if it only happens once, i wouldn't worry about it

I had my 1st gen iphone replaced for this. It would randomly shut off when i wasn't using it. The battery was never low. But most of the time I'd have some trouble getting it to turn back on, once i even had to plug it in. It did this about 10 times in a month before i could get them to replace it.

toss002

Suspended
Jul 16, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
I was browsing Mac Rumors right now and my iPhone was on my desk and out of no where the spinning circle icon appeared on the screen and then my phone shut off!
Has this happened to anyone else?
Creeeepy haha.

Could it be that you had iPod (music) timer on? I'm sure that you know that before bed you can set your iPhone to play music of certain period of time before it turn off automatically.

Smoljan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
I didn't have a music timer on or anything.
Also at least once or twice a day my phone becomes unresponsive after I lock it. When I press the home or sleep/wake button nothing happens. I have to hold the home + wake button to restart it. :(

Does this also happen for anyone else? It kind of gets annoying having to through this everyday.

AiralynRose

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I didn't have a music timer on or anything.
Also at least once or twice a day my phone becomes unresponsive after I lock it. When I press the home or sleep/wake button nothing happens. I have to hold the home + wake button to restart it. :(

Does this also happen for anyone else? It kind of gets annoying having to through this everyday.

thats what mine did. get it replaced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.