Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atacinus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
New York City
I warned you in the topic line...I switched to the mac about a month ago, and I've been stuck with the same apple backgrounds since switching...i.ve searched around the web, but no one makes wallpapers [any good wallpapers that is] for a 1280x854 resolution...anyone know where i can get cool [meaning not abstract like apple.s - but more like the nature ones that come with panther] wallpapers at this resolution.

Thanks in advance,
Christien

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Re: Probably the stupidest post ever

>Christien

You haven't looked at the Community Forum Archive yet? or the Wasteland?

If you do, you'll find that even you'd have to sink quite low to compete with some of the veteran posters. ;)

Of course the first attempt at the Political Forum had some brown gems.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I've got my screen set to 1280, but I find that I prefer a desktop image that's smaller, like 1024, leaving a border of some solid color around the outside, because that's where I keep my icons for commonly used files, applications, and folders. When I stretch an image to fit the bigger size, or use an image that is already that size, it's harder to use my Mac as conveniently.

I think Apple should let you specify the scale factor more precisely, rather than making it all (whole screen) or nothing (no scaling).

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Believe me, we've seen some posts that are much worse than this.

Isn't there a way to make any picture into a background? Try a google search or versiontracker for some programs and links (like the one Dave suggested). Or look at a book when you go to to Borders or Barnes and Nobles. Panther for Dummies. They have lots of tips. On my parents PC right now, so I can't check.

Good luck, though.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Re: Re: Probably the stupidest post ever

Originally posted by Sun Baked
>Christien

You haven't looked at the Community Forum Archive yet? or the Wasteland?

If you do, you'll find that even you'd have to sink quite low to compete with some of the veteran posters. ;)

Of course the first attempt at the Political Forum had some brown gems.

werd!

i remember those days. fun times.

;)

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Originally posted by solvs
Believe me, we've seen some posts that are much worse than this.

Isn't there a way to make any picture into a background? Try a google search or versiontracker for some programs and links (like the one Dave suggested). Or look at a book when you go to to Borders or Barnes and Nobles. Panther for Dummies. They have lots of tips. On my parents PC right now, so I can't check.

Good luck, though.

Ctrl+Click on your desktop and choose "Change Desktop Background". or you can open System Preferences and go to Desktop & Screen Saver. Just click on Choose Folder and browse to any picture on your HD.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Panther even shows my photo albums from iPhoto as folders to either select a random desktop from, or to navigate to and select any individual one. I like mine to change each time I log in (which is less and less with this fast-user-switching feature.):p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.