Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mct74

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
My local store does not have any MBP's yet and I was wondering if anybody has seen them in their local stores. If so - which configuration are they selling in the store. I am looking at the 2.53 15" MBP with the 320GB 7200 RPM drive.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
The stores carry only the base configurations. Apple uses the "customizable" feature to sell people on going to the online store.

kingtj

macrumors 68030
Oct 23, 2003
Brunswick, MD
Just for the record though ....

On systems that have already been out for a while, I've actually seen my local Apple store selling configurations other than the base ones, in stock.

I don't know if this is because people place custom orders through the local store, and then cancel them after they already shipped or what?

But as one example, the West County Apple store in St. Louis recently had one of the 17" Macbook Pro configurations on sale that included the high-resolution 1920x1200 display option.

The stores carry only the base configurations. Apple uses the "customizable" feature to sell people on going to the online store.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
I don't know if this is because people place custom orders through the local store, and then cancel them after they already shipped or what?

Must be - the online sales channel is constantly ra-ra about only being able to get a custom from them. That doesn't mean one hand at apple isn't talking to the other, tho :eek::D

mct74

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
On systems that have already been out for a while, I've actually seen my local Apple store selling configurations other than the base ones, in stock.

But as one example, the West County Apple store in St. Louis recently had one of the 17" Macbook Pro configurations on sale that included the high-resolution 1920x1200 display option.

That's why I asked... I also am used to seeing the 1920 x 1200 option on in-store 17 MBPs in the past at my local store...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.