Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dim3pi3cemamii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Jersey city
Im a newbie with a lot of technology.
I usually click and drag either a song or picture to my ipod manually....i thought it was the same with apps but im guessing not since it isnt working for me. Does anyone have any advice for me?? :confused::confused::confused:

A N G E L

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Click on your iPod under the DEVICES section in iTunes, and click on the Appliactions tab.
From there, you have to sync them, so just select the ones you want to use.

I don't have an iPod touch, but I'm assuming that's how it's done. I used to have an iPod video 5.5g and games would always have to be synced.

900hwy165

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
Turn on your Ipod Touch and make sure the wifi is active and logged onto the internet. Select (touch) the App Store Icon. It will then allow you to scroll through 100's of appliations, both pay and free. Once you find something you want, then follow the Ipod Touch screen information and it will download directly to your Ipod Touch.

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

Look for this...

Attachments

• Touchtabs.jpg
    Touchtabs.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,061

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
i looked for that under devices and it isnt there. all i have is summary, music, movies, tv shows, podcast,photos and info.

Go on the iPod, then to the Settings.app (the icon with little gears) and then to General, and finally to About. If the software version is not 2.something then you do not have applications nor the ability to do so. If it does say 2.something then I suggest you restore your iPod. If you don't have it, then buy it the 2.1 software upgrade for $9 on iTunes.

A N G E L

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Wow... I'm surprised my directions were correct... or almost all the way (forgot to say '...then you can sync').

And hooray, I'll be getting my very own iPod touch tomorrow =D

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
Go on the iPod, then to the Settings.app (the icon with little gears) and then to General, and finally to About. If the software version is not 2.something then you do not have applications nor the ability to do so. If it does say 2.something then I suggest you restore your iPod. If you don't have it, then buy it the 2.1 software upgrade for $9 on iTunes.

Damn it !!! I have version 1.1.5 on my Touch...no wonder why I was having trouble with adding pandora or last.fm on my Touch..I have been trying to fix this problem for like 2 months and i was even going to set up an appoinment to the genius bar until i found this post. Thanks for posting the answer,You know your stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.