Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FunkyMonkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Right behind you
I bought my iPod at Target about 10 months ago. I'm having some sound issues, so I want to get it replaced. How long is the manufacture warranty? Am I still covered under it? I also read about the 3 year warranty. How can I be sure if I bought it or not? If I didn't buy the 3 year warranty, can I still buy it?

Thanks.

Guiyon

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I bought my iPod at Target about 10 months ago. I'm having some sound issues, so I want to get it replaced. How long is the manufacture warranty? Am I still covered under it? I also read about the 3 year warranty. How can I be sure if I bought it or not? If I didn't buy the 3 year warranty, can I still buy it?

Thanks.

The iPod comes with a 1 year warranty with Apple so if you purchased it under 12 months ago just call Apple or visit an Apple store and get it replaced. As for the warranty, you can purchase AppleCare and extend the warranty by a year at a cost of around $60.

biikman

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2008

Thanks.

Apple covers it for 1 yr from date of purchase, so as long as you have the receipt you are ok. The target extended service plan information is detailed here:
http://www.target.com/b/ref=br_bx_3/602-3072363-1895807?ie=UTF8&node=13706831

I would imagine it would show on your Target receipt if you purchased it. The target warranty can only be purchased within 90 days after initial ipod purchase.

FunkyMonkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Right behind you
I already know about apples warranty. I was interested in targets cause I know from experience that getting something replaced is hard at apple. Thanks for the answers though.

eplchamps0304

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
I already know about apples warranty. I was interested in targets cause I know from experience that getting something replaced is hard at apple. Thanks for the answers though.

Target is 90 days only. Its not a warrant, its just their return policy.

biikman

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2008
Target is 90 days only. Its not a warrant, its just their return policy.

true, but they also do have a extended warranty you can purchase through them for an additional 3 yrs, which is what it sounds like he was refering to. I also bought my ipod at target for the 90 day return, in case of any show stopping bugs.

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2008

What do you mean Apple replaces their products easily if they are defective.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.