Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the shadchan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
I synched a massive amout of photos on my ipod touch but the incriminating ones i wish to delete but i don see any delete function on the ipod touch. Did i miss it or is it not possible? I cant do a resunch so thats out
Thx so much. If I could get a quick reply that would be great because at dinner tonight I could get in to alot of trouble if I don't delete them...thx

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
You can't delete them without your computer. What should have done from the start was to put the photos you wanted in your Touch from your computer in a folder and sync'd that. To delete photos you have to go back to your computer and delete the ones you wanted or designate a different location to get them from (like that special folder), then sync your Touch. I know it is lame but you can't just delete photos like you can delete video.

the shadchan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
You can't delete them without your computer. What should have done from the start was to put the photos you wanted in your Touch from your computer in a folder and sync'd that. To delete photos you have to go back to your computer and delete the ones you wanted or designate a different location to get them from (like that special folder), then sync your Touch. I know it is lame but you can't just delete photos like you can delete video.

Lame isn't the word. Thx so much, What a pain!

davidy

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
Your kidding right? If not, in the list of videos, just swipe your finger to the right. Select Delete.

Not quite a flame, but at least a spark. The man didn't know how to do it and asked a legitimate question. We should be helping each other freely, not belittling.

eplchamps0304

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
I just found thisn out myself. Whats wrong with apple, can delete videos but not photos. Seems they didnt test all the touches functions before producing.

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
I just found thisn out myself. Whats wrong with apple, can delete videos but not photos. Seems they didnt test all the touches functions before producing.
Nothing is wrong with apple... they just didnt see the need to be able to delete photos.

OP: is it jailbroken? if it is, you may be able to delete them with mobilefinder.

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
Your kidding right? If not, in the list of videos, just swipe your finger to the right. Select Delete.

Well, to be honest, it's not as oblivious as a button marked 'Delete". I only found it out within 2 months of getting my iPod, by accident.

Adokimus

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2007
Boston, MA

Yes, it would be nice to be able to delete them directly on the machine, but it's not the end of the world. I think they chose video deletion because they are much larger files on a limited storage device, and you are likely to rotate them more often than songs. It makes it easier to delete videos on the fly right after you watch them, and them add new ones when you sync up next. Photos take up so much less room, and are easier to manage with a computer.

If I was going to ask "what's wrong with apple?," it wouldn't be regarding this subject.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I'm not sure it makes more sense to be able to delete videos directly from the iPod than anything else, since you can't add new videos until you sync to your computer anyhow. The obvious exception is buying videos from the iTMS with the touch. Maybe this is what Apple had in mind. Either way, I don't see this as being much of an issue unless you make a habit out of loading incriminating photos on your touch, which maybe is something you ought to consider before you do it.

eplchamps0304

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
I don't think its an issue to anyone, its just one of the little things apple have over looked that doesn't make sense.

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
I'm not sure it makes more sense to be able to delete videos directly from the iPod than anything else, since you can't add new videos until you sync to your computer anyhow. The obvious exception is buying videos from the iTMS with the touch. Maybe this is what Apple had in mind. Either way, I don't see this as being much of an issue unless you make a habit out of loading incriminating photos on your touch, which maybe is something you ought to consider before you do it.
If you need more space for sompthing, movies are the highest MB hogging things, so they would make the most sence to be able to delete them
, to make the most room with the least amount of deleting

eplchamps0304

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
If you need more space for sompthing, movies are the highest MB hogging things, so they would make the most sence to be able to delete them
, to make the most room with the least amount of deleting

but since you can't add without syncing it makes no difference.

mollyjo

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2008
order of pictures

:confused: ok, so i have a picture folder on my computer that is in a specific order. when i sync the folder to my ipod touch the pictures are in a different order. how do i correct this?

mollyjo

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2008
thats what i thought too but there is no trash icon, and i dont want to delete them, just re-organize :)

The Farrow1

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2009
I found it u press delete

Go to the app and go to pictures bottom right trash click it and press delete! It did take me a few days to find that out so it was hard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.