Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
41X4Jt0s07L._SS260_.jpg

I picked up a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd earphones of the table at school for $0. :D Jeremiah from the Skullcandy design team dropped a whole sack there and said take your pick everyone.

As a class, our last project is to individually design a pair of Ti headphones for Skullcandy. We get to pick the category and then we have choose the materials, colors, patterns, etc. of the headphones. If they like the design they just may go into production. So, if anyone wants a custom pair of these, throw out some suggestions for me:

skullcandy_ti_black.jpg

ich1ban

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2006
[snip]

Skullcandy - Smokin Buds

Got these for like $20. They aren't bad at all.

Sound stopped coming from my right bud like a couple days after that post =( Well I just replaced those with 2XL's in ear Wrecking Balls.

So far I'm liking them! Only $15, but I'm a poor college student & I already have QuietComfort 2, so I can't really get myself to buy some expensive buds.

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 157

lost eden

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2007
UK
2GB Sansa Clip arrived yesterday, along with a pair of Sennheiser CX300.

imgp1704eb0.jpg

imgp1714pr9.jpg

I am very impressed with the Clip, it completely blows my Shuffle out the water. The big things for me are OGG & FLAC playback, no reliance on iTunes/WMP, & a really neutral/even response - this thing has one of the best soundstages I've heard from any portable device, even my flagship MiniDisc recorder. The gorgeous OLED display, custom EQs, FM radio, radio & voice recording, & platform-independent firmware upgrades are all extra bonuses!

The CX300 are okay, but they didn't really blow me away. I generally wear headband cans (I own both Koss PortaPro & Sennheiser PX100) so I don't have much to compare the CX300 too, but they sound about on par with properly modified Koss SparkPlugs (I don't know what happened to my pair so I can't do a proper comparison!).

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
Hmmm real nice, any comments? Im looking forward to buying these as an upgrade of my current (read: crappy) Bose QC2's. Somewhat of a review will be much appreciated :D

Victor

They are big but very comfortable to wear. In terms of sound it beats any Bose QCs in almost every way. Thought you may not be totally satisfied you're a bass junky, it does produce a tight quality bass. The PXC450 can be used with or without battery, so you don't have to worry about running out of power (like Bose QCs). There is also no need to take off your headphones when you need to speak to someone (i.e. flight attendant), a press of button will allow you to hear conversation from the outside. It is highly recommended.

I am not a true audiophile, you may want to Google for more profession reviews. I have read many and the vast majority gave positive opinion on this product.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
I JUST saw this thread. If you are on head-fi you probably know who I am by these pics.

One of these things was not like the others. ;)

In all truth - that is some SERIOUS CASH - so owning all those - who sounds the best?

Also - I cringe every time I see a tube amp with unshielded tubes. Put them in cages, where they're safe and shielded.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
I want Grados... I get tempted to buy them, but then I realize I've been doing a lot of purchases lately that I don't truly need... Anyway, my Bose Triports are still really good.

scott2006

macrumors member
May 1, 2006
burnsville, MN
i have been getting into headphones lately. hopefully ill be able to get some better full size headphones in the future.

Work
JVC HANC250

Activities
Shure E3c

Gaming
Tritton AX360

headphones.jpg

duncyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008

Earbuds: Sennheiser CX300
Earphones: Sennheiser HD201

Both very much in the budget range at under £18 for each but I love the sound quality on my iMac and my iPod Touch. There may be more expensive, better sounding headphones out there but I'm delighted with both sets. Corking value for anyone's money.

Victor ch

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
San José, Costa Rica
They are big but very comfortable to wear. In terms of sound it beats any Bose QCs in almost every way. Thought you may not be totally satisfied you're a bass junky, it does produce a tight quality bass. The PXC450 can be used with or without battery, so you don't have to worry about running out of power (like Bose QCs). There is also no need to take off your headphones when you need to speak to someone (i.e. flight attendant), a press of button will allow you to hear conversation from the outside. It is highly recommended.

I am not a true audiophile, you may want to Google for more profession reviews. I have read many and the vast majority gave positive opinion on this product.

Hmm thanks, so its go go, goodbye QC2s :p

Victor

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
One of these things was not like the others. ;)

In all truth - that is some SERIOUS CASH - so owning all those - who sounds the best?

Also - I cringe every time I see a tube amp with unshielded tubes. Put them in cages, where they're safe and shielded.

I think my favorite rig was the 3g nano, xin super mini, low profile LOD, and shures - very nice flow and blend.

However, I am now onto my current rig of an Ipod touch 32gb 1st gen paired with westone um1s. I had the um1s for a while and I like their sound and comfort very much - not as bloated in bass as the se530s.

yeah about the tube - just sold it in fact.

camembert

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2008
Got some CX 500's a few days back, will psot pictures after I come back from watching Max Payne (it probably won't be good >_> but nevertheless.)

They're awesome headphones.

CX500s are the dogs for the money. Much better base clarity than the cx300s IMO.
3d779cae2d46cf6a8a99a35ba4167977.gif
:cool:

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
Sennheiser HD 555's for Home listening, and working on my music.
3069392675_738931afec.jpg

Sennheiser CX300's to keep in my pocket, while i am out and about.
3069399201_6789dbd666.jpg

And Sony Streetstyle's for when i listen to podcasts as i sleep.
3069398693_ba2a33a5d1.jpg

For christmas i intend on getting the sennheiser's PX-200 for portable laptop use, and casual listening. Those sonys are just fine to sleep in!

i LOVE sennheiser. I wouldnt even think of another company!

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Umm...i might take some pictures if i ever get a decent camera:

At home:
Grado GS1000
On the go:
Shure SE530 w/ PTH

I also have, as I have ventured up the ranks:
Shure e4
Shure e5
Grado SR80
Grado SR225
Grado RS1

Hopefully if Freq ever gets back to making IEMs I'll order some Freq Shows

PeterQC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
Like posted on the last purchase topic:

Sennheiser HD 202

hd202-01.jpg

Cheap, good sound for his price range and sexy.

Greenturtle

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2008
Having cables hanging off me when I'm walking drives me mad. So I use these with my TyTn II. They're actually really good quality:

33247.jpg

product-10040176.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.