Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falkenhausen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
We have several Bible verisons in App Store but what I need is some Bible tools like lexicon or concordance. Is anybody planning to work on it or is it already somewhere in App Store? I couldn't find it so far. Thanks.

Eric Isaacson

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
I don't believe there is a concordance yet and I don't know if there ever will be. It would be a lot of data so it would be a very large app if you wanted it stored on your Iphone/Touch.

Currently I just use http://www.blueletterbible.org whenever I need to use a concordance. It isn't the most user friendly on the Iphone/touch but it does work, however, you need to be able to access the internet to use it.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I'm not exactly a religious person, but the one I found that seems to be the best is simply "Bible."

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=282935706&mt=8

It apparently has a bazillion different versions and looks pretty legible. It's free, so you might as well try it. I honestly haven't read much of it, but I plan to at least on a "I want to know this stuff" basis. Now if James Earl Jones could read the darn thing to me for free, THAT would be sweet. "Jesus...I am your father!"

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
this is an old thread i know but if you have a bit of dosh, mantis bible study is amazing. you can sign up for an account and then upgrade your mantis app from within via downloads.

full strongs, instant look ups, multiple bibles etc. it is really great and other than the small screen and size is a fully desktop bible replacement.

it has a few minor bugs and sometimes loading times are a bit lengthy but definitely the best bible app i have used at the app store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.