Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylanemcgregor

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
Hi,

I'm trying to print a contact sheet style of pics from iPhoto with the filenames below the pics. I'm a complete novice with iPhoto. I've gotten the titles to show up properly in the organize view of iPhoto, but they disappear when I go to Print Preview. If anyone knows how to make this work I would be most grateful. Thanks.

-dylan

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Dylan,

one way to print thumbnails with titles is to export to a web page, then print the web page (put it on the desktop and Safari opens the html.) Surely there is a more elegant way buy I haven't found it. Give it a try!

dylanemcgregor

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up finding someone who knew how to do what I wanted in Photoshop Elements. I went to automate and made a contact sheet from the folder I wanted. This turned out to not really be the most elegant solution either. It took about 20 minutes for Photoshop to finish the task, but it worked.

It really seems like their should be an option in iPhoto to include titles when printing. Really all I want to do is print what is being shown in the organize window. But it appears that there isn't a direct way to do this. Maybe in the next version. Until then I will use your suggestion of exporting to a web page. Thanks again.

-Dylan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.