Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ftored

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
Hello,

Opposing to all others (majority that is), i am looking for a glossy film to apply on my macbook pro's screen. I like the glossy look a bit, and as i am always indoor with a bit dark lighting conditions it wont be a problem.

So to achieve this glossy effect i ve found the nushield film, but in some threads i read that it wont fit as good? Also i found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MacBook-pro-1...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Is anyone using any of the above? His/her feedback would be appreciate.:apple:

sselemit

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2008
Hello,

Opposing to all others (majority that is), i am looking for a glossy film to apply on my macbook pro's screen. I like the glossy look a bit, and as i am always indoor with a bit dark lighting conditions it wont be a problem.

So to achieve this glossy effect i ve found the nushield film, but in some threads i read that it wont fit as good? Also i found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MacBook-pro-1...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Is anyone using any of the above? His/her feedback would be appreciate.:apple:

If you do that, you will not have the benefit of glossy screen. U gotta understand the nature of both. Matte screen has an anti-glare coating so it can reflect much of the visible light, a.k.a your reflection on the screen, thus making the color of the screen less accurate and a little dull. While, glossy screen has a different coating that let lights through, so the color is better than matte. In your case, a glossy film on an anti-glare screen wont give you the same effect as a factory glossy screen. hope you get my point.:cool:

ftored

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
Yeah i catch your drfit. But would the actual results be bad? The colours will still look dull you mean and the whie not as white as the real glossy from apple? :D

rychencop

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2007
Georgia
think of it as a matte screen with a glossy cover. that's all you would be doing. it would not be the same as a factory glossy finish. i don't think you will get the result you're looking for.

Teej guy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2007
You would have the screen you have now giving you the exact image you have now but possibly an even less accurate picture due to the film on there and a bunch of reflections.

I'm pretty sure no one makes that kind of product anyway, there really isn't any point.

You can get films with no texture to protect the screen, but nothing that will make the screen look factory glossy.

MBPDiva

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
on Orion's Belt
When I purchased my MBP last month the sales rep tried to talk me out of selecting the glossy screen. I guess they had a surplus of matte screens in the store. :p

ftored

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
:D.. heh i did not have the option when i bought mine, as they just stocked the normal ones.:D..But after going to apple store in London now that i am in UK i liked the glossy look:)..

Ok this is a no go then.:).Thanks alot for your time folks:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.