Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonnym

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Americas Army 2.5 Assist is out now on Mac OSX.
Now a Universal Binary so works with Intel macs, Lion and Mountain Lion. Jun 2013.

It's a completely free and highly realistic FPS shooter game and installation is as easy as just a few clicks of the mouse with this Deploy Client.

Visit http://aa25.org for more Info

2.5 Assist is a Installation Utility for America’s Army, It is deigned to make the process of Installing and getting up and running with AA as easy as possible.
If you are new to the game this little Application will fully automate the download and installation of the game from it’s own repository server and handle all the needed updates and checks. It will then guide you through the process of creating an account and then load your account details automatically when you first play.
Getting up and running with this free game is now as easy as a few clicks of the mouse.

If you already have America’s Army 2.5 this Application will make a copy of your existing installation and put it into a completely separate folder so it does not alter your existing installation and then bring everything up-to date. Once you are happy you may delete your old installation of AA if you wish

Last edited:

eleven2brett

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2008
H-Town
Awesome, I loved America's Army when i played it. Haven't been able to since I got my Mac, but now I might have to check it out again.

Jonnym

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
It will work on Intel but you only get around 10-20 FPS I think, Its a shame really, I wish we could get the devs to re-compile in Universal.

jakeguy99

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2007
If you have an intel it is not worth getting Americas Army 2.5...It is pretty much unplayable.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
Hasn't AA 2.5 been out for awhile? or is this 'Deploy' a new version?

And ya, AA is pretty much unplayable on Intel Macs

Jonnym

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Yes it has been around for a while, I made Deploy to make it easier for people to get into the game because the game is a few years old there are a lot of updates you would have to install but Deploy takes care of all that for you.
I have never tried it on an Intel mac but i do know people who play the game on an Intel.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
I think Brad Oliver was doing the development, but I could be wrong. He used to work for Aspyr but now works at Apple

Jonnym

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Version 1.3 now out.

New Features..

Automatic download and installation of TeamSpeak
TeamSpeak Account Managment
Built-In Buddy List
Online Chat Room Built-in
PulseAudio Support AA and TS (LINUX)

http://25deploy.co.uk

Jonnym

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Version 1.31 Released
New Features..
Completely re-written code for launching AA (Mouse Bug) (MAC)
SafeMode Mouse driver option (LINUX)
Fixed standing dead people bug(LINUX)
Option to load-in your config files from your old install (Mac & Linux) (will not show up if your old config files are not there)
Fixed major bugs with the built-in chat room (ALL)

Enjoy.

Jonnym

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Does anyone have any feedback on how this performs on an Intel mac, I've never tried it myself as I don't have an Intel.

Jonnym

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
2.5 Deploy Version 1.51 Released.

Changes,

Major re-design of the user interface, Looks more like its part of the game.
Ability to join passworded servers.
Lots of minor bug fixes.

The primary server is now back up so downloads should be back to full speed.

See http://25deploy.co.uk

Jonnym

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Why, Because the US Army don't care about Mac Gamers, I do and I just happen to live in the UK

Good news for people who are having trouble downloading or have slow internet connections..
You can now order the 2.5 Deploy CD-ROM, It Includes an installer that installs 2.5 Deploy and the Americas Army 2.5 System files so you don't have to download anything.
The software is totally free but you must pay for postage and packaging.

For more info or to order see http://25deploy.co.uk

Jonnym

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Version 1.53 now released.

Changes,

-Deploy now gives you the option of installing the mAAp pack, This is a collection of new missions created by the 2.5 community. Deploy automatically loads these maps in when you join a server running a maap mission and then unloads them after.
-Added support for 5.1 Surround sound (Linux).
-Fix bug where deploy crashes on minimizeing AA in Windows XP.
-Minor changes to layout of Buddies screen.
-Removed those annoying tool tips, See the readme instead.
-Various Bug Fixes.

Open Deploy and accept the automatic update.

ENJOY!

RE: yes there are cheats available, they are listed in the user manual but no-one every runs servers with cheats allowed.

Jonnym

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Version 1.6 Released..

Change Log 1.6

Assist server manager added...
Unique Features,
-For the first time ever, You can run a server on a mac and have it show up in the server list!
-mAAp fully integrated, mAAp pack maps on Assist server manger run in authorised mode with full authorizion and honor correctly displayed. You can change mAAp maps without the server disappearing from the server list and also the server can be hot swapped between Normal, Border/Dusk and mAAp pack modes without needing separate server installation for each. Server can be switched between modes using the in-game F12 menu.
-Server is constantly monitored so if it crashes or freezes it is automatically terminated and restarted.
-Options for HackHunter, PB banlist and Weapon forcing all built in.
-Display of players currently in the server with ability to pull stats and Background check ETC.
-Checks ports are open before stating to avoid any problems.
-Supports MultiHomeing so server only binds one network interface.

Added Ability to change where deploy stores its files and the AA installation by creating a folder next to the AA-25Assist executable simply called '25deploy'...

For example if you want to put deploy on the D: drive (windows) in a folder called AA, You would move AA-25Assist.exe to D:\AA\ and then create the folder D:\AA\25deploy\

If you already have Assist set-up before doing this you will then need to move all the files over from the old deploy folder to the new one!
The Old Assist folder can be found here...
MAC OSX /Users/-USERNAME-/Library/Application Support/25Deploy/
LINUX /home/-USERNAME-/.25Deploy/ (Hidden Folder)
WINDOWS c:\Documents and settings\-USERNAME-\Application Data\25Deploy\
VISTA C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\25deploy\

Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.