Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
I really want to seem them drive a tesla and the new skylines.

Yeah I wanna see the Tesla, the family one they done looks cool, too, a family sports car powered by electricity! Now thats how you protect the environment, with 200MPH supercars!

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
Yeah I wanna see the Tesla, the family one they done looks cool, too, a family sports car powered by electricity! Now thats how you protect the environment, with 200MPH supercars!

Well you aren't doing much to protect the environment if the electricity is coming from Coal/Gas burning plants. Not to mention nuclear reactors with their radioactive waste.

Now until we have a massive load of renewable energy sources then almost every car is environmentally unfriendly.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Well you aren't doing much to protect the environment if the electricity is coming from Coal/Gas burning plants. Not to mention nuclear reactors with their radioactive waste.

Now until we have a massive load of renewable energy sources then almost every car is environmentally unfriendly.

The point is the car is 100% maintenance free (almost) and its very cheap to run... And its a supercar!

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
The point is the car is 100% maintenance free (almost) and its very cheap to run... And its a supercar!

Maintenance free + cheap to run != environmentally friendly, which is what you said originally.

I wonder what an electric Porsche would be like :)

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Maintenance free + cheap to run != environmentally friendly, which is what you said originally.

I wonder what an electric Porsche would be like :)

Its good both ways, for the customer and the planet... Ya cant go wrong! Just gotta wait for good electric cars to get cheaper, I suppose.

I wonder... They could be working on one now, who knows?

Cancelled
Sep 14, 2008
I was laughing so hard when they all rolled up at the end and there was no car, the wedding cake was ruined and Clarkson's trailer was on fire :p

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Excellent episode, looks like a great start to the new season.

I also must add that thanks to the wonders of the internet, I was able to watch it before 8 PM local time. Meaning there was less time between me waking up and me watching Top Gear than there is for you Brits. Maybe you all should move to the US so you don't have to wait as long on Sundays :D

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I also must add that thanks to the wonders of the internet, I was able to watch it before 8 PM local time. Meaning there was less time between me waking up and me watching Top Gear than there is for you Brits. Maybe you all should move to the US so you don't have to wait as long on Sundays :D

That's a great idea. It's a bit like slamming your hand in a door to make your headache seem less excruciating. :p

I laughed my ass off at Clarkson's stealth lorry and when the car finally rolled out of Hammond's.

tdevers

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2008
That was a decent episode. I liked Clarkson's truck as well.

I also attended Top Gear Live in London yesterday. Talk about an epic day!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.