Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e.zaharias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
r3848137545.jpg

Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev speaks in his video blog about the main topics of his state of the nation address at Gorki residence outside Moscow, November 2, 2008. Medvedev said on Sunday he would focus on the world financial crisis and the consequences of the war with Georgia when he makes a key state of the nation speech next week. REUTERS/RIA Novosti/Kremlin/Mikhail Klimentyev (RUSSIA)

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/state...ev_s_speech;_ylt=AlFFLCGEGLaOoDlvdSY16oNv24cA

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Nice one.

But I'm sure that the MBP in fact belongs to Putin, Medvedev just pretends that he's controlling it. I'm naturally talking about the MBP, not about Russia ;)

e.zaharias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
boy this was moved fast. Is it that crowded in the MBP forum that a general interest item about MBPs can't stay for more than five minutes?

e.zaharias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Picture Gallery is the appropriate place for a thread like this.

Does anyone ever check the picture gallery? I'm sure some do but I thought this would interest more people if not all mac fans. You could at least have left it for more than a few minutes.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Don't take it so personally, I found it quite easily. :p

That said, the comments in here are pretty funny. Wonder why he got it...

e.zaharias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Don't take it so personally, I found it quite easily. :p

That said, the comments in here are pretty funny. Wonder why he got it...

You're right. It's just that I never bother to post anything and found this to be interesting in the progress apple has made.
I'm sure many would find this of interest but it also may cast the kremlin as more progressive than some would like and so it becomes political.

Antares

macrumors 68000
Would you say that Microsoft has more in common with Russia than Apple? Dunno.

It's cool to see world leaders using Macs. We never would have seen a picture like this if Russia was still a communist country. Remember how the G5 PowerMacs were restricted from sales to certain countries since it was classified as a supercomputer?

e.zaharias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Would you say that Microsoft has more in common with Russia than Apple? Dunno.

It's cool to see world leaders using Macs. We never would have seen a picture like this if Russia was still a communist country. Remember how the G5 PowerMacs were restricted from sales to certain countries since it was classified as a supercomputer?

Exactly.. It is so much easier imo to see microsoft in the world scene either because it is pirated or because it is omnipresent in the public sector of every country thanks to great marketing and/or.... let's say it.... bribes to lower level technocrats.

It's just so cool to have a Medvedev with the latest mac notebook. Would never have happened a few years ago. This is pure first person demand.

sash

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2004
Apple is indeed mighty popular amongst the Russian elite -- like other expensive toys. Boys remain boys. Boys love toys. I've read somewhere an article about the most expensive watches, owned by world' leaders / presidents etc. The dearest one belongs to Silvio Berlusconi -- something like $500.000+. Way to go.

Bargsbeer

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2008
Central FL
r3848137545.jpg

Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev speaks in his video blog about the main topics of his state of the nation address at Gorki residence outside Moscow, November 2, 2008. Medvedev said on Sunday he would focus on the world financial crisis and the consequences of the war with Georgia when he makes a key state of the nation speech next week. REUTERS/RIA Novosti/Kremlin/Mikhail Klimentyev (RUSSIA)

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/state...ev_s_speech;_ylt=AlFFLCGEGLaOoDlvdSY16oNv24cA

Medvedev is also an avid iPhone user.

remmy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Either that is a secret 19" macbook pro or is it me but he looks quite small.

Suspended
Jun 16, 2008
lol, so why does he still have a Dell mouse?

Attachments

• r3848137545.jpg
    r3848137545.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 638
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.