Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
Hi,
I need to get a dialogue clip for my school assignment and I was wondering how to save a dialogue from a movie as a .wav or .mp3? Is there any decent (freeware would be even better) that would allow me to get it? I only need 5-10secs clip (its for animation dialogue)

Any ideas please?

thevibesman

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
I seem to remember finding some sort of freeware/shareware to do that back in the OS 9 days, but these days I just use a combination of handbreak to rip an MP4 to my HD and then use QuickTime to save the audiofile. Unfortunately since I use export movie and choose AIFF audio and no video to save the soundfile, that may require QuickTime Pro. I know it is not free, but I have found it to be much more valueable than I was able to imagine uses before I got my license.

Ofcourse if you are starting with a QuickTime compatible file you can skip the handbreak step.

I'll let you know if I can think of any more free ways. I wonder if Audacity can import the audio from a QuickTime file since it seems so good at opening so many audio file formats.

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
Oh, thank you. I have a quicktime pro already so that was easy. (didn't know about that feature but after close examination I found it) I will try the audicity for editing. :)

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.