Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
hi there,

i just got a brand new sealed iphone 3g from rogers and i looked at the back of the box before taking the plastic off the box and there is a small green dot sticker on the box to the right of the imei number. do you know what that means or what its for? just curious.

the green dot is on the top left of the picture attached.

thanks,
ipaqman

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 222

preguntonontrac

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
Dont't Worry i got a green dot on mine. Like the guy pointed out it means 4 things, Probably is build 40 week or more recent, It has the new charger, Its new (not refurb) and has the minor hardware improvements.

I got that from a genius that called because i was worried about being a refurb because of the same green dot. They did some minor in-case hardware improvements and out-case improvements (case, crack issues, aligments) just to solve some build problems.

preguntonontrac

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
interesting...

more information required!

dont get over excited, when i got my phone recently i asked the girl what is this green dot, dont tell me your handing me an refurb. she did not know and told me to ask one of the techs guy. He made a call and the information he told me just sounded like they did minor improvements in the exterior and on the interior, to solve some build problems. I suppose is nothing big just small changes, that i suppose they keep doing to solve all the previous build problems. He also mentions me they are now shipping with the new charger blah blah.

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA
It means your phone was made recently, and includes the new battery charger. :)

It's one of the new green phones! :D

Attachments

• green.JPG
    green.JPG
    6.1 KB · Views: 4,145
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.