Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

utopia699

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
hello,
I normally open my hotmail emails in the safari browser on my iphone. now today there has been another on of those live hotmail "updates" for their homepage (comes much too often)
and it seems my iphone doesnt work with the new hotmail design!!

1. problem: theres not the whole hotmail homepage visible on the screen, looks like a part of the lower edge is somehow cut off?

2. problem: when creating a nem email, I can create an recipient, but in the text field I can write anything, it just doesnt show the keyboard!!!

I dont like to use the simple hotmail homepage optimized for mobile devices or the iphones mail app… i want to check my emails like i do at home at my desktop...

what is the problem with the new hotmail ?
does anyone have similar problems?

macmaxx

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2008
mbox Mail

Well.., kinda fix my problem this afternoon: I downloaded mBox Mail.

http://www.mfluent.com/mboxmail.php

10$, but much easier and faster than when I used to log-in, zoom to see emails.., click on the wrong button.. damn, go back.., re-zoom.. all that crap!

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Well.., kinda fix my problem this afternoon: I downloaded mBox Mail.

http://www.mfluent.com/mboxmail.php

10$, but much easier and faster than when I used to log-in, zoom to see emails.., click on the wrong button.. damn, go back.., re-zoom.. all that crap!

Yes, a one time payment of $9.99 fixes all of these M$ headaches. The only problem I have so far with this is that you cannot send attachments. Usually, when you select a picture to send via e-mail (Thanks Steve for no MMS, but the "way of the future," 30 year-old e-mail technology), it opens the native e-mail app on the iPhone to send it. Since you can't access hotmail on the native e-mail app, you can't send pics via e-mail. Yeah, only if we has MMS.

However, what I am doing to get around this is I set up a gmail account and used this account to activate my native e-mail app. So, when I send pics, it sends them from my gmail account. And I have this gmail account linked to my hotmail account, incase someone wanted to reply to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.