Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
LOL

The BBC wont exist soon with all this crap going on, EVERYONE JUST CHILL! ITS A JOKE!!! :mad:

Never take anything Clarkson says as anything other than that... Same with Russel Brand and the other guy, they are comedians! They took it too far, sure, but it was a joke! If you dont like it, turn it off!!!

The cases are quite different. One was just a joke, the other did actually invade someone else's privacy. For the situation to be exactly comparable Clarkson would have had to phone up the mother of a murdered prostitute and leave the joke as a message on her answerphone. No one would think that was acceptable, just like that talentless twunt Brand...

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
The cases are quite different. One was just a joke, the other did actually invade someone else's privacy. For the situation to be exactly comparable Clarkson would have had to phone up the mother of a murdered prostitute and leave the joke as a message on her answerphone. No one would think that was acceptable, just like that talentless twunt Brand...

You have a point, and to be honest I dont think Brand is funny anyway, the point is the whole thing is stupid, they are going on about it too much, I doubt many people really care anymore and the victim of this got a apology, plus Brand quit (or did he get sacked?) as did one of the BBC head people... Yet the news keeps going on about it!

This whole Clarkson thing is just mad, though, I have heard him say a lot worse before... Like last season didnt he make fun of a whole country? Korea, I think it was... I didnt see anyone going mad at that!

It seems to me this is just to put more pressure on the BBC... Stupid.

What makes this really stupid is, as someone else said, I am sure the people the joke was aimed at laughed themselves and saw it as a funny joke!

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
Brand resigned, Ross has been suspended.

It should have been the wrong way round, as it was Ross who blurted out the offending words in the first place.

And if anyone of TG get's a slapped wrist for the superbly funny piece on Lorry's - I'll start writing letters.

Doug

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
It should have been the wrong way round, as it was Ross who blurted out the offending words in the first place.

And if anyone of TG get's a slapped wrist for the superbly funny piece on Lorry's - I'll start writing letters.

Doug

If they do anything we can start a petition... I will join you in writing letters, too!

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Much like Clarkson's lorry I just ploughed this thread through the virtual brick-wall and split it off as the old model didn't even have ABS. The new revised 2008 model has lot of improvements.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Clarkson wouldn't Clarkson if he wouldn't make comments like the ones he did about murdering prostitutes. I love his stealth semi( I am Americanizing it, deal with it :p ).

Next week they finally drive real cars. ;)

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Much like Clarkson's lorry I just ploughed this thread through the virtual brick-wall and split it off as the old model didn't even have ABS. The new revised 2008 model has lot of improvements.

Thank Mod!

I thought I'd gone mad!

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
If they do anything we can start a petition... I will join you in writing letters, too!

Unfortunately due to the unique way the BBC is funded, presenters are answerable to all the license fee paying general public, so even people who don't watch the show think they have the right to criticise it.

Anyway, prostitutes and lorry drivers should be out working at 8pm on a Sunday.

I also note that no truck driver has complained about being portrayed about enjoying the odd jazz mag! :D

sangosimo

Sep 11, 2008
Just caught it on iPlayer since we were travelling on Sunday; what an awesome episode! Probably the best episode of Top Gear ever, I was laughing so hard when his truck caught fire! :D

the best ep of top gear is the artic ep. HD + epic challenge + DUI = win.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
I hate America..... BBC America is one season behind, which is actually a great thing, considering most shows are like 2 years behind... But I have to wait for it :mad:

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
MP calls for Clarkson to lose job.

I'm quickly getting to dislike this country. :( :rolleyes:

DIAF, Mr Mole http://up.*************/files/1/Images/Smilies/MoFugger.gif

Unbelievable idiocy.... going from not being able to take a joke to actually trying to get his crappy name in the news this way. This MP does what all MP's do... get attention!!!
If only the BBC ingnored this idiot.

You know, what if all the people on TV making funny (but slightly offending) jokes / remarks about Germans, Bush, Bill Gates, Italians, pensioners, Frogs (sorry.. the French :D), WW II, Toyota Prius drivers, James May.. etc. should get sacked.... :rolleyes:

God, I hate these morons. Sack all MP's for wrongful attention.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.