Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fishtalk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
The screen on my old wall street suddenly went all green and lost contrast but I can still just about read the screen.
Whats the problem, and could I fix it myself. ( +- How?)
Thanks in advance for any idea's...
Also When and If I can fix it Can I install OSX 10.2 ??? for the moment Its on OS9.2.2.

jodelli

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2008
Windsor, ON, Canada
You'll have to pop out the keyboard first. At the top right and top left of the battery and drive bays on the underside of the palmrest there are two spring loaded switches that will release the keyboard. Pull the keyboard gently up and towards the trackpad.

Pop the cover off of the hinge area below the base of the screen at the back of the laptop.

On the left side near the hinge you will see where the video ribbon plugs into the main board. Make sure the plug is all the way home and check that the ribbon isn't torn or frayed.

Fishtalk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
You'll have to pop out the keyboard first. At the top right and top left of the battery and drive bays on the underside of the palmrest there are two spring loaded switches that will release the keyboard. Pull the keyboard gently up and towards the trackpad.

Pop the cover off of the hinge area below the base of the screen at the back of the laptop.

On the left side near the hinge you will see where the video ribbon plugs into the main board. Make sure the plug is all the way home and check that the ribbon isn't torn or frayed.

Nope! tried that the ribbon doesn't seem to be damaged and the plug is firmly in....Still green. Must be something else...Thanks anyway// fishtalk

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.