Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Because Steve Jobs pwned Randall Stephenson and made him his bi..... :D

Seriously though, Apple actually cares about aesthetics and I'm sure that was near the top of the agreement. Same reason they don't put Intel stickers on their Macbook lines. People buy Apple because 1. It works and 2. It is made by Apple and looks amazing. The :apple: is a fashion statement. People don't want crappy corporate logos on their beautiful, work of art iPhone.

I'm an art student and that was one of the biggest gripes with my older cell phones. Plus they are usually stamped on cheaply or stickers that peel off leaving weird marks. It was nasty and I hated it! Blah!!

drakeshipway

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2008
Oakville, Ontario
i'd have to agree,
the logo ruins the look of the phone, and apple probably didn't want this.

also, it's sold in so many countries, advertisements and boxs would all have to be different.

Jeremy W

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2008
This wouldn't be Apple's job. The company (AT&T, O2, you name it) is the one that places this sticker on the phone, not the actual company that produces the phone
Maybe some small-time cellular providers do it themselves. But I guarantee AT&T, Verizon, etc... are not the ones physically putting their logos on the phones. The manufacturers do it.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
I highly doubt they would open every box.. place a ugly sticker and put it back in... I can almost gaurentee apple would have made them sign a agreement saying they wouldn't.... Apple most likely spent a good chunk of change getting this phone designed... they wouldn't want a provider to stick a sticker on...

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
as a consumer yes... this is the first cell phone I've had that doesn't have the carrier logo on it anywhere besides on the screen...

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I'm assuming it was part of Apple's terms for a contract. I really have no idea why phone companies feel the need to brand the freaking phones in the first place. Does anybody using a phone not know who their service is through?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.