Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
IMG_7799.jpg

IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7802.jpg

IMG_7806.jpg

IMG_7808.jpg

IMG_7810.jpg

IMG_7818.jpg

IMG_7820.jpg

IMG_7823.jpg

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I really don't get it, is there some kind of obscure art reference made here that I just don't understand? Or is it just pictures of 2 docked iPhones in silly positions, such a thin line between the 2 anyway :p

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
You can make art out of anything, right?

So I've been told, but just because the artist says it's art doesn't mean I agree. That statement wasn't meant toward your work, I just remember reading in a thread about a certain giant inflatable pile of dog $#!+ being displayed as "art" a few months back.

Your pictures look rather nice :)

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
Nice Pics!

It's art if you can get it into a gallery, print your pics in 16 by 20 and frame them. Then find a gallery. G'luck! The pics are pretty! Look for other artists who make similiar work. Read why they do it and compare to your ideas.

Off the top of my head,,, these pictures represent the role technology plays in our complicated contemporary lives. They illustrate the complex and beautiful relationship we have with technology. A system that allows us to simplify our life, while complicating it with a need to navigate new gadgets and operating systems.... The absence of any human touch (wether it be brush strokes or the presence of a hand or human being) helps us see that technology in the absence of humans has a life unto itself. Ultimately, this tech can manage itself, without humans. We're screwed.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
The term "art" is thrown around so casually. Whatever. What is art? Who really cares?

I'd say your photos of the ipods are photos of the ipods. And such.

I quit calling my photography "art" awhile back. They are personal images. They are not used for commercial purposes. And they do show in galleries. Does that mean they're art? Who cares... the moment something is lofted into the air and proclaimed as "art" and then such, untouchable... that's the moment I start caring less.

NRose8989

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2008
Art? Maybe......

iPhone ad? Sure....

To me "art'" is such a broad word, that I really only associate it with paintings and such.

If i had to categorize this as something id say it's photography, Which to say that is a oxy moron because photography is a art. I think I'm just crazy though.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
.....I just remember reading in a thread about a certain giant inflatable pile of dog $#!+ being displayed as "art" a few months back.

Your pictures look rather nice :)

Yes, that looks slightly better than an inflatable piece of $h17. ;)

One person's art is another person's garbage. I don't care what people say is art. If I don't think it's art, it's not art to me, and no amount of talking is going to convince me so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.