Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azhoops

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
after installing boxee and checking out how much more useful my apple TV is, Apple should consider an APP store like for Iphone to install games, internet TV(hulu, cbs, abc), netflix. I think it would make it much more popular. I think developers would love the chance to create cools apps.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
I think what would hold it back is the remote, iPhone is great because all the developers could take advantage of the multi-touch screen and they were almost guaranteed profit because of its popularity.

BUT, yes more media options like Hulu and the like would be very cool, netflix, etc who knows.

BoulderBum

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2008
Apple patented a Wii-like remote for the Apple TV. I think an App Store coupled with that remote would be fantastic for a casual gaming platform!

Hulu would be nice (if the service were more reliable), but I doubt that it will make its way to Apple TV through anything but an App Store, as they're in direct competition with Apple's a la carte TV/movie model.

shiseiryu1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
Opportunity for Apple

Apple patented a Wii-like remote for the Apple TV. I think an App Store coupled with that remote would be fantastic for a casual gaming platform!

Hulu would be nice (if the service were more reliable), but I doubt that it will make its way to Apple TV through anything but an App Store, as they're in direct competition with Apple's a la carte TV/movie model.

This is where I think Apple has a big opportunity. They already have a huge library of TV shows and videos. They should work it out so that the user has the option of buying the show OR watching a free Ad-supported version. More and more content providers are giving their content away on their own websites anyhow...they might as well allow Apple to distribute it with an ad-revenue sharing agreement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.