Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxramchand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all - I am facing a peculiar problem - I connect my iPhone 3G to my Bose Sound Dock Series II and play songs from Pandora - after abt 15 minutes or so the Sound Dock goes silent...I have to increase the volume of the Sound Dock for me to hear the song - again after 15 minutes - the same problem occurs. Now when I use the iPhone 3g in my car and play Pandora off the iPhone - I do not have any issues....any idea why this may be occuring....any help is greatly appreciated...thanks!

Max

TheConfuzed1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2003
Does the Bose system have a line-in?

If you can't figure it out, you can always dock your iPhone in the iPhone dock for charging, and go from the line-out on the dock, to the line-in on the Bose system, if there is one.

maxramchand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
iPhone 3g/Bose Sounddock II/Pandora

Hi,

Thanks for responding to my query...there is no sleep timer on the Bose Sounddock - I know the Soundock Series II is compatible because the retailer I bought it from clearly told me that this Series supported the iphone 3g...I called Bose they shipped me out another Sounddock...but the same problem persists...I thought the problem may be with the iPhone - but when I connect the iPhone in my car with a cable - it never shuts off...I am at a loss what to do...coz I love having Pandora and would like to play it on the Sounddock....Anyone else tried this and has the same issue as me??? PLEASE HELPPP

LSUALUM24

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2009
I have the exact same problem. I returned the first Series II that I bought and have the same problem with the second one. I also own a Seriew I and have never had any problems with it. The only reason I bought the series II was so that I could charge my phone while I was listening to Pandora. The volume thing is a pain in the butt. I really wish they would fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.