Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gunlocators

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Ok lets say I am reading mail or trying to copy and paste from a email or document or text online on my windows machine simply I would highlight then right click to copy and paste. When I try it on my new mac book i highlight right click and it unhighlights what I am trying to copy and paste. I am a Mac newbie am I doing something wrong. I figured out most my initial issues however after 2 days using the mac I must be doing something wrong.

gunlocators

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
While I am asking is there a way to do tabs in firefox like windoew vistas internet explorer browser has?

Shownarou

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
Newton, IA
For your first question, that's exactly how it works. You may be accidentally clicking before you right click. I'm assuming you're using the macbook's trackpad, it's an easy mistake. And for firefox. (command t) opens a new tab, or just right click and open in new tab. Firefox was using tabs way before internet explorer.

bassproguy07

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Katy, TX
use command+c for copy, and command+v for paste, works like ctrl+c etc. If you dont know what the command key is its the one to the left and right of the spacebar.

gunlocators

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
I still cannot copy paste unless I use the command or the edit at top

Is there a touch pad setting you can reccomr=end maybe I have something wrong

Shownarou

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
Newton, IA
I still cannot copy paste unless I use the command or the edit at top

Is there a touch pad setting you can reccomr=end maybe I have something wrong

There's a setting "two fingers as secondary click" So you'll just hold two fingers on the trackpad when you want to right click. One finger to primary click.

gunlocators

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Thank you guys there actually was a issue with my macbok os bestbuy replaced it I took advanage to upgrade to 2.4ghz macbook with illum keyboard somthing that i enjoy considering wife like the light off to conserve energy :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.