Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
When i try to update some of my apps i get a pop-up that says

"this discounted price is only available to customers who own a previous version of this item. To purchase this item at full price, click OK."

This happens when i try to update apps. Free, paid for, whatever. I have tried uninstalling apps and then re-downloading them off itunes and i get charged for them again. What the heck is going on?

StingerT125

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Dutchess County New York
I've had the item is 'currently being modified' message when trying to get one item. I tried again the next day and was able to get it.

I haven't received the other message you are getting.

jmccullough108

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2008
St. Louis, MO
it will do that if you have the wrong itunes account synced up with itunes.

go into itunes, then click store, then view my account, then purchase history.

verify that the app you are trying to update is in the history.

:apple:

patty15

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2008
it will do that if you have the wrong itunes account synced up with itunes.

go into itunes, then click store, then view my account, then purchase history.

verify that the app you are trying to update is in the history.

:apple:

And what can we do, if the app isn't in the history?!

johnopigo

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2011
Re: discounted price

This I suppose happens if you have more than one account in Appstore. simply log out of the one you are using and try to update. You will be prompted to sign in, then use the alternate account and pronto!

When i try to update some of my apps i get a pop-up that says

"this discounted price is only available to customers who own a previous version of this item. To purchase this item at full price, click OK."

This happens when i try to update apps. Free, paid for, whatever. I have tried uninstalling apps and then re-downloading them off itunes and i get charged for them again. What the heck is going on?

natethegreat

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
I have the same problem, but the error only occurs when i press the "update all" button. When i update them individually i don't get an error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.