Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 27, 2006
From tomorrow everyone will be able to get their hands on the new version of the Xbox 360 software, which is being dubbed the "New Xbox Experience". One feature of this is the ability to create an avatar (just like Nintendo's Wii Miis).

Some folks have the software early though a Microsoft Preview Program, so let's see what you're coming up with!

ZZ0111B144.png

The link to your avatar is:
Code:
http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/[u][b]GAMERTAG[/b][/u]/avatar-body.png

PeterQC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008

My 360 Is offline since a big chunk of time, did'nt updated the system, and might never do it either. Avatar IMO are a big fail, while the Miis were better.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
The NXE is sweet! Like having a new Xbox. Wish Netflix would let me activate streaming though...their system appears to be down.

My avatar:

My gamer pic:

If you want to show your gamer pic too, the URL for that is

Code:
http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/GAMERTAG/avatarpic-l.png

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
My profile isn't on Live so I can't post mine :eek: unless there's another way of getting at them?

mattedwardsuk

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
Here i am

Just quickly does anyone know if Netflix will launch in the UK? Also i can happily recommend Rivet- go and google it. I've used it for about a month on my Imac and it is a media streaming app which connects to my xbox 360. It was $18/£13 and is excellent, saves my kids climbing up smudging the glass of my Imac trying to get Disney films playing.It plays all media from my itunes library over our network.

I ought to put it on my wifes alu-macbook and see if it work, what with all the HDCP issues- it might be a good workaround.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.