Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

littfam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
does anyone know how to downgrade to a previous firmware version

littfam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
No......I was in the middle of flashing my atv with "aTV Flash 3.3.5" at the exact time of the update! Noticed that some things were not right with the patch and restored the atv and re-patched. I had no idea that there was an update at the same time as the restore. I will chalk this one up as bad luck!
I could give a rats a?#$ for Boxee, it is the external hard drive and DVD support I really wanted tonight. Will have to wait for 3.3.6

Cave Man

macrumors 604
Cave Man, could you explain how to do that, or post a link?

It's somewhere in the "My 750 gb Apple TV" thread that I talked about it. But basically, here's how it's done:

1. Pull the ATV drive and connect it by USB or FW to your Mac. I use a universal drive adapter for this (PATA interface).
2. Two partitions should mount - OSBoot and Media.
3. Launch Disc Utility and select the OSBoot partition (NOT THE DRIVE, just the partition) and erase it.
4. Click on the Restore tab of Disc Utility and drag and drop the OSBoot partition to Destination.
5. Drag and drop the ATV disk image that you downloaded from the link in my previous post to Source.
6. Click Restore and you're done in about a minute.
7. Replace your drive into your ATV and boot.

skrutzen

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2007
Thanks! It actually doesn't sound too bad. Maybe I'll just upgrade my hard drive in the process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.