Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

insocal

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2007
new find

Not that it does anything 'new' but my carrier logo that used to read:

AT&T

now reads:

'AT&T'

The single quotes are new.

heaven

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Not that it does anything 'new' but my carrier logo that used to read:

AT&T

now reads:

'AT&T'

The single quotes are new.

I can't confirm this for my carrier logo. Mine still reads Orange A like it did before

rogerm

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2007
Still limited to 9 pages on home screen

The home screen is still limited to a maximum of 9 pages. I still can't display all my apps. This is very disappointing.:mad:

jableskg

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2008
I knew that 2.2 would bring out the whiners in full force....

Not whining at all.. I was just curious because Fetch would work sometimes, but not all the time.. Take for instance last night i received an email in the middle of the night that i actually got.. The night before i had to manually fetch to get any post bedtime emails..

In short my battery would be fine the next day..

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Hoorah! They've fixed the appstore links in mobile safari. i.e. you can once again click an app link in safari and it opens the appstore app. This had stopped working in 2.0 I think.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Very helpful. You must be pleased with yourself and your witty response responses.

C'mon now guys. Lighten up. Here's the deal: Apple is working on things. It's apparent with this update. They certainly can't improve everything at once.

There's a lot of people here that are getting their undies in a ruffle. You should enjoy 2.2 for what it is and more importantly, you should enjoy your iPhone.

Bryan

iheartipodtouch

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2007
C'mon now guys. Lighten up. Here's the deal: Apple is working on things. It's apparent with this update. They certainly can't improve everything at once.

There's a lot of people here that are getting their undies in a ruffle. You should enjoy 2.2 for what it is and more importantly, you should enjoy your iPhone.

Bryan

unless of course youre an ipod touch user, in which case, youre not actually recognized by apple as a real person. unless of course you have the money for new features.

SoGood

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Finally, AAPL is now a real international company, a company of the world.

When it says it'll release something on the 21st, it'll release it with consideration for people who are on the East side of Greenwich Mean Time.

Good on ya Apple! :)

SuperMacMan

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Oooooooh, App Store is snappier & faster. Yay!

Podcast downloading.... Doesn't tell you how many there are new, have to go to iTunes Store to get new ones, all just a pain in the neck. Podcaster FTW! :) Not bragging or anything about our app :)

Safari is.... Okay, I guess. Like Safari Mac/PC

Emoji is viewable, but not usable. Check http://is.gd/8oPr on your iPhone/Touch. Grr. I want Emoji! If anyone has a hack, let me know!!

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Bryan, if people want to complain, then it's their right to. That's the purpose of these forums. They don't need to read your condescending 'whiners' and 'waaa 'waaa 'waaa' comments. As I said, it's not helpful and rather childish.

ruinfx

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
unless of course youre an ipod touch user, in which case, youre not actually recognized by apple as a real person. unless of course you have the money for new features.

i guess it is naive to think apple would treat the ipod touch the same as the iphone once they lost revenue sharing with at&t. its a shame "Apple" doesnt have any "s" in it so we could start replacing them with "$".

heaven

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Oooooooh, App Store is snappier & faster. Yay!

Podcast downloading.... Doesn't tell you how many there are new, have to go to iTunes Store to get new ones, all just a pain in the neck. Podcaster FTW! :) Not bragging or anything about our app :)

Safari is.... Okay, I guess. Like Safari Mac/PC

Emoji is viewable, but not usable. Check http://is.gd/8oPr on your iPhone/Touch. Grr. I want Emoji! If anyone has a hack, let me know!!

Here is a screenshot for those who don't want to type in the url:

img0005jo3.png

AndyMoore

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2008
They still haven't fixed the save photo from a webpage bug on the iPt.
Still blurry in the photo view :(

intrepid

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2008
Hello Every one
I just update my iphone to 2.2 now how I can jailbreak? Please help me out. Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.