Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idrewuk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if any of you lot have had trouble using Yahoo Mail via a web browser on a Mac? I just bought a new iMac and, using both Firefox and Safari, Yahoo Mail doesn't load up and I get errors.

Aside from the 'use Gmail/get your mail through the Mail app' type of suggestions, is this a known problem or is there something hugely wrong that I'm doing? :confused:

Every other site is working perfectly so I'm sure there must be something up. Flickr is also being weird, and I know that's owned by Yahoo.

spector

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
Portland, Oregon
everytime i login to my yahoo mail, it logs in but then i have to hit refresh then the inbox comes up... i am using firefox and safari... but after hitting refresh all is good then...

SmurfBoxMasta

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I'm only really here at night.
works just fine for me everyday regardless of which browser I use, since '99 or whenever I first got a yahoo account.......many moons ago :p
Currently using Camino, but have used all the others too nottaproblemo.....

idrewuk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
So even with the 'new version' of Yahoo Mail, rather than the 'classic'?

I am genuinely baffled. It just won't load, and this is the latest Firefox with a brand new Mac.

grab.jpg

idrewuk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
How weird. I guess it must be their sites and not my computer seeing every other site worked fine.

Very frustrating though!!

spector

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
Portland, Oregon
How weird. I guess it must be their sites and not my computer seeing every other site worked fine.

Very frustrating though!!

i am using the classic mail, as when i login it gives me where th inbox should be a blank spot. I hit refresh on my browser then it shows the inbox... I thouhgt this was just me so i never posted a problem... maybe we need to contact yahoo about this.

Fishtalk

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2008
Been on mac since 2000 using both Safari and Firefox..... no problem.
Sometimes safari crashes but thats probably 'cos I'm running 10.3.9 and can only use older versions of safari..... Try getting rid of both browsers and then re-download...might help

TomGolden

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2007
El Dorado county, CA
I have been accessing my Yahoo! email account from my MacBook Pro since I got it back in June 2006. I started using FireFox 2.x, and when 3.x initially came out, it was not supported by the new Yahoo! mail beta, only Yahoo! mail classic, so I had to downgrade FF back to 2.x. I just upgraded to FireFox 3.0.4 last week, and now I have no issues at all with Yahoo! mail beta on my MBP.

I have actually never used Safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.