Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calviin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
I just bought from them with $200 off the new MB and "free" Fusion, printer and a case. I bought it Friday, but the status still says "open". What exactly does that mean? Anyone want to hazard a guess when they're sending it? Or IF they're sending it? I talked with a Genius after buying it and they said they weren't sure if they were authorized resellers even though macconnection says they are. Can any one confirm? Thanks.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
They are a legit biz, if that's what you are asking. They've been around for ages, with their sister site pcconnection.

youthsport

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2008
I am in the same boat as you. I ordered the old mbp with 'free' fusion and printer all of it said it would ship same day. That was i think Friday and the status on mine is still open. I will have my fingers crossed.

youthsport

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2008
alright just got off the phone with mac connection and they assured me that my order would be shipped today. now i just wait for that confirmation email with the tracking # to put my mind at rest.

jon31rm

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2007
The 1 year AppleCare warranty still comes with the computers purchased from Mac Connection, correct?

KronicX

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2003
I too ordered a MacBook Pro on Friday and my status still says Open. Has anybody that ordered on Friday had their status updated?

calviin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Wow. Didn't realize how many people got it from macconnection on Friday too. My still says open. Does open mean shipped or will be shipped or what? I'm starting to get worried. I need it by Friday since I'm leaving town over the weekend and was planning to bring my new MB. Mhmm. Please tell us if your status changes.

KronicX

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2003
I just got off the phone with MacConnection, and was informed my CID from my credit card was incorrect. Frustrating that they didn't contact me about this until I had already e-mailed them earlier in the day. It seems like this would have been an issue on Friday when I placed the order, not after business hours on Monday when they won't be able to ship it out until tomorrow.

If you're worried about your order I would go ahead and contact them to make sure everything is in order because apparently they won't contact you if anything is incorrect.

youthsport

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2008
i called them yesterday and they had an issue with be debit card so after that was fixed they said itd be shipped later that day. My status now says shipped, but i have not recieved an email confirmation with tracking# or anything.

mrial

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2007
Saint Paul, MN
Ordered my mbp on black Friday. Original order confirmation said "ship today"(Friday). Status did not show shipped 'till today after calling to see what was up (said they were extremely busy and apologized for delay). I also have not got shipped conformation email with Tracking no. I guess there were a lot of bottled up orders like me waiting to see what the "deep discounts" were going to be.

calviin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
I called today and it appears for some reason that they only began shipping today, not Friday when I bought it. Anyways, they said I should expect it in 5-7 days since I'm on the West Coast. And still no tracking number or estimated date but I have asked to be given that information.

mrial

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2007
Saint Paul, MN
MacConnection's shipment report now shows tracking no! Scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait ... yahooooo.

ps still no email with the tracking no though.

calviin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Mine is now shipped with tracking number and confirmation email. If you still don't get it, try calling them. Customer service was good. Took a 5 min call to see if it shipped. Wasn't shipped and told me it was going to be shipped that day. That night, I emailed to see if I accidentally missed the tracking number email so I send them an email and in an hour or so, they email me back saying they will send it to me once the system clears and what not. That next morning, I got a tracking number for 3/4 items. The fourth item was back ordered so I didn't expect a shipment anyways. Now I just need to wait until monday! GAH! Can't wait anymore for my love to arrive. :D

djmle

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2008
Ordered mine last Friday as well. I had to call in on Monday to verify billing info and then they shipped it that night. Did you guys note the serial numbers on your order? My MBP has a week 41 build date (1st week of Oct). I thought those first builds would have cleared out by now...

calviin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Dang. I still need to wait. Tracking says mines in Ohio somewhere. Anyways, where'd you find the serial number without getting it? Is it on the order detail page? I check appleserialinfo.com and it says mine doesn't exist? Weird. Unless it was actually something else?

djmle

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2008
Dang. I still need to wait. Tracking says mines in Ohio somewhere. Anyways, where'd you find the serial number without getting it? Is it on the order detail page? I check appleserialinfo.com and it says mine doesn't exist? Weird. Unless it was actually something else?

It should be listed on your order when you login into the site after the product has shipped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.