Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I actually preferred it when they didn't have celebrity cameos but it's still p*ss-funny.

kvasir

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2007
Two words why I don't watch this show as much as I should:

Tracy Morgan

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Best show people aren't watching.

Kenneth: I know how you like this cornbread Mr. Jordan.

Tracy: LIKE it? I love this cornbread so much I wanna take it back behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I love this show, although I have to say the last few episodes (besides last week's which was funny..."how's your mom's pill addiction"...lol) weren't too great. Enough with the guest stars.

And yes Tina is ridiculously cute. It was a nice surprise seeing her on the judges panel on Iron Chef last night!!!

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
In keeping with the thread brevity: I like it.
“Do not speak to me! Do not alter your normal human behavior in any way! You know not the elaborate criteria by which you are to be judged! Ignore my presence and go about your Earthly business!”

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
Some of it gets too raunchy and just plain stupid. However, "Believe in the Stars" with Oprah has a hysterical scene with Liz Lemon showing up for jury duty as Princess Leah!

"I don't really think it's fair for me to be on a jury because I can read thoughts."

3011456880_811ea2ba4e.jpg

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
At first, I had mixed feelings about the show because it was renewed instead of Aaron Sorkin's Studio 60 despite its poor ratings.

Studio 60 had better ratings overall that season, but was much more expensive to produce (because of its cast).

However, the show has grown on me. I think Tina Fey does a great job as Liz Lemon, and the guy who plays her page (don't remember his name) is hilarious.

The Oprah guest appearance was particularly funny.

I can't decide if I dislike Alec Baldwin or Tracy Morgan's character more. Good show.

esco

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2005
Myrtle Beach, SC
I tried watching 30 Rock a couple months ago on Netflix instant view and was turned off by the first two episodes. I'm so glad I gave it another chance though, because now I find it hilarious. I actually watched 7 episodes today...

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I just want to know where the rest of the cast is this season??? There's hardly been any Frank, Toofer, Cerie, Pete, Grizz & Dot-Com...they're responsible for some of the funniest parts in past episodes!

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
One of the best shows on network TV.

Like it so much I went out and bought five copies of "Gorgasm: The Legend of Dongslayer" and am giving them out for Christmas presents.;)

Tried to find MILF Island on DVD but no luck.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Two words why I don't watch this show as much as I should:

Tracy Morgan

Precisely. That guy is so irritating.. Alec, Tina, et all are pretty good. I love Alec's delivery on his lines, but Tracy gets under my skin too much.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Best show people aren't watching.

Kenneth: I know how you like this cornbread Mr. Jordan.

Tracy: LIKE it? I love this cornbread so much I wanna take it back behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

Oh come now that's nothin' compared to HIMYM where they're looking for the perfect burger... Classic, classic lines there.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
I LOVE 30 ROCK!

I've been watching it since the pilot, even the hit and miss eps are some of the best on tv...

While I've missed the supporting cast a bit, I do like when Jenna and Tracy are together, like this past week teaming up on poor Kenneth.

And Alec Baldwin is beyond brilliant.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
This may be one of the best lines ever.

The show though, is hit or miss. Sometimes very funny, other times not at all.

I thought his "I thought you made love like an ugly woman - so present and grateful" line was a classic.

Geeze it's a well-written show. Just get rid of the showboating celebs and take it back to the core cast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.