Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Habakuk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Vienna Austria Europe
For me personally the best hightech consumer gadget of the last dozens of years. Since exactly two months I am very happy with it and I don't care sounding like a fanboy. Time to say thank you. The device was in heavy duty and looks like new without any cases, sliders or protectors. I had hours of fun with it. There are some wishes too admittedly - but all together... I'll keep it :) Here is my white one:

Attachments

• iP_2mths_annvrs.jpg
    iP_2mths_annvrs.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 251

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
The White would be cool, if the front was White too, but I share the love of the iPhone in either color and the 1st gen as well.
I've had an iPhone since March this year(1st gen and then 3G) and an iPod touch before that since November 2007, and I'm still amazed at this device.

Usually the honeymoon period for new devices only lasts about 6 months max, before I get blasé and bored with them, but with the iPhone, every day I'm just as smitten with it, as when I first opened the box.

Luke1robb

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2008
Cambridge, MA/Smithfield, RI
I wish I could be a part, I have a 8GB Black and my girlfriend has the 16GB white and I am so jealous, it looks so much better!

The White would be cool, if the front was White too, but I share the love of the iPhone in either color and the 1st gen as well.
I've had an iPhone since March this year(1st gen and then 3G) and an iPod touch before that since November 2007, and I'm still amazed at this device.

Usually the honeymoon period for new devices only lasts about 6 months max, before I get blasé and bored with them, but with the iPhone, every day I'm just as smitten with it, as when I first opened the box.

I think this is the genius of firmware updates... everytime, its like a new phone with new features and a new honeymoon period.

Habakuk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Vienna Austria Europe
The White would be cool, if the front was White too

Do you feel that? Call me old-fashioned, but I love the black cache in the large movie theaters. It's some kind of an "invisible matte black frame". Have a closer look there when you are in a cinema next time. There is a rather complicated machinery behind the main curtains of the projection screen to dissolve the blurry angles and edges of the projected images. It can be switched to all types of projection formats.

For me personally, any screen has to have a (thin) black frame.

A photo of my white iPhone's backside on the docking station. The color is even more impressing from that view. Elegant, contained, compact, slender, ideal rounded, very modern together with a timeless attitude and character. Perfect designed.

Attachments

• iP_2mnths_whtbck.jpg
    iP_2mnths_whtbck.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 169

Indy21

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
I've been on the fence on this one for some time now as to what color I will pick when I get mine soon.

Thanks for the push!

I'm going for the white!

descartes

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2006
glad to see the white is holding up well. looks much nicer and a little more unique to boot.

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
Here are mine (black 16g) and my wifes (white) after a few months. I think her white has held up better as far as little scratches on the back. Both of us carry them naked with screen protectors.

Attachments

• photo-14.jpg
    photo-14.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 163
  • photo-15.jpg
    photo-15.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 140

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!
For me personally the best hightech consumer gadget of the last dozens of years. Since exactly two months I am very happy with it and I don't care sounding like a fanboy. Time to say thank you. The device was in heavy duty and looks like new without any cases, sliders or protectors. I had hours of fun with it. There are some wishes too admittedly - but all together... I'll keep it :) Here is my white one:

That's a nice fruity wallpaper you have there...

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
I liked the white so much i just took my wifes and gave her my black one. :D

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
Loving my White iPhone 3G since day one. :cool:

R-Fly

Hey, saw you in the Twitter updates on PasteBud. Anyway, I agree with other posters in that the white iPhone 3G is much more attractive, as in it catches looks a lot more often. Not that I'm into showing off my iPhone so much as it's nice to have something a little more rare. Nothing bothers me more than to see EVERYONE with the same 3 phones from Verizon every six months. First it was the RaZR, then all of the little flipping sliding keyboard phones along with the Chocolate, the EnV and EnV2. It just emphasizes how unique and special the White iPhone 3G is, and for those who know that the white iPhone is 16GB only makes it even better.

detz

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
I would get the white if it was white everywhere but only the back being white...to me that looks a little funny.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.