Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brisweeney

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Dublin,Ireland
Hi all,

for the last few weeks firefox 3 has been crashing at least 10 times a day for me. what happens is that pages load in code rather than rendered html,links wont open,images wont load. its really really annoying me at this stage.

has anyone any solutions, if not, then how do i import my bookmarks from firefox into safari! lol:eek:

LaxChris

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2008
Well, I'm not really answering it.. :D But mine has been crashing too so I don't think it's your computer..

thienan

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2008
Have you tried reinstalling Firefox? If that doesn't work, try this:

Make sure Firefox is no longer running. Go to your Applications folder and hold option while you double click Firefox. A safe mode dialog should appear. Try running it in safe mode. If it runs fine, it's probably a problem with an extension/theme you have installed.

If all else fails and you want to give up on Firefox, bookit by everyday software can import your bookmarks from Firefox to Safari.

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Firefpx has been crashing a lot for me too recently. I'm running it on Vista seems Mac OS X is affected too? Have Mozilla done something strange to the browser in the last couple weeks?

brisweeney

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Dublin,Ireland
hmmmm i installed flashblock a while ago....could be that, which would suck as its a great add on!!! no stupid flash animations!

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
i've uninstalled the add ons i installed (media downloaders etc) and firefox seems a bit more stable. Will report back in a few days i expect to see if has cured completely.

I've heard these add ons are pretty unstable at the best of times - i don't know why mozilla allow most of them to be used.

gpl7546

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2008
Vergennes, VT
Firefox Crashing For Me As Well!

:confused:Is everybody sure that it is Firefox that is doing this? I came here to find an answer to crashing systems and I was going to look under OS-X operating systems crashing. I have been having trouble with a crashing Mac-Book Pro with an OS-X Version 10.4.11 operating system which is always crashing. :rolleyes:Although Firefox is usually running when the crash happens so maybe it is Firefox.:D anyway I guess if there is an answer it might help me as well:apple:

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Have your tried using another browser? I know some of those sites I go to often crash my Minefield.

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Well if those sites include the BBC News website i might just have to switch browsers. I hear Google's Chrome is shaping up to be a pretty awesome browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.