Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
East Coast, USA
I know this has been asked before -- and yet my searches found unsatisfying answers. So apologies in advance.

Just got a 3G -- I've had a touch -- does the 3G iPhone home button make any click feel/sound at all? My iPhone doesn't; I've seen threads that it's harder than a touch (which makes a click) and 1st gen iPhone, but don't know if no click at all is normal.

davyreins

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Ann Arbor
I've only experienced my 3g, the only sound it makes is the natural one that one would get when clicking a button. It doesn't have a sound come out of the speaker or anything. I can't compare this to a touch though

iVeBeenDrinkin'

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2008
I know this has been asked before -- and yet my searches found unsatisfying answers. So apologies in advance.

Just got a 3G -- I've had a touch -- does the 3G iPhone home button make any click feel/sound at all? My iPhone doesn't; I've seen threads that it's harder than a touch (which makes a click) and 1st gen iPhone, but don't know if no click at all is normal.

No click here

Justinerator

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA
had my 3g since launch (first one! :cool:) and mine still clicks depending on the way I press it. From a certain angle, it clicks. Most of the time, though, it doesn't...

The ipod touch has a very noticeable click, much more potent than the iphone...

HTH!

Lucbert

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2008
Why do you even care? As long as the button works, it doesn't matter wether it makes a clicking noise or not.
I realy don't undersatnd wht things like that are brothering you. It's just a phone, keep that in mind!

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Why do you even care? As long as the button works, it doesn't matter wether it makes a clicking noise or not.
I realy don't undersatnd wht things like that are brothering you. It's just a phone, keep that in mind!

Because a broken button means it is a failing button, which in turn could lead to a failing phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.