Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Businessweek's Arik Hesseldahl spoke with VP at IDG World Expo Paul Kent, who assured him that Steve Jobs was expected to speak at Macworld San Francisco's keynote and that a joint announcement was coming soon.
"We haven't made the announcement yet. We usually do this in concert with Apple…I have no reason to believe that plans are not moving ahead," for Jobs to speak.
Steve Jobs has traditionally given the Macworld Expo keynote speech during which new products and plans are revealed. The lack of an official announcement has generated some interest and concern about the event. Hesseldahl points out that Jobs absence at a Macworld keynote would be seen "as a bad thing."

Article Link: IDG: Jobs Expected to Give Macworld Keynote

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
PowerBook G5 next tuesday?
Safari feels snappier?
Cinema Display updates any day now?
10-finger gesture support for Snow Leopard?
Mac Mini will die?
Final Cut Studio finally Cocoa?

Let me just finally get the new Mac Pro for God's sake...

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
PowerBook G5 next tuesday?
Safari feels snappier?
Cinema Display updates any day now?
10-finger gesture support for Snow Leopard?
Mac Mini will die?
Final Cut Studio finally Cocoa?

Let me just finally get the new Mac Pro for God's sake...

Add me to the "Finally Get The New Mac Pro" list. It won't be at MacWorld, but add me.

flottenheimer

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2008
Up north
Really looking forward to a new Stevenote. His presentation flow/technique/style alone is simply world-class.
This time the speech will be stuffed with brand new hardware, significant updates to excisting lines and lots of great news. Steve + Actual content = Killer combo. Can't wait.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
Blu-ray support... :eek:

(ducks...)

:D

It would be about time! Except if I've already ordered a Sony by then I may be mad at myself :D

I just interpreted that as that there may be nothing to announce. Other than the Mac Pro and the 17" Macbook Pro, I don't think they'd do much but bump stuff. Now granted, those may be HUGE changes, but Apple's all focused on the cheaper stuff in terms of the big events.

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
Maybe new hardware you already heard about months ago in newegg.com's damn letters they send every week...

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006

Yeah, what?!? Hee hee. I love Newegg, but I don't remember them preannouncing the 18.4" Macbook Pro with Geforce 9800GTX, quad core CPU, adequate cooling to run everything at max, Blu Ray, and built in tuner that works with their new DVR software :D

Dang, I can't wait! :D

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
It would be about time! Except if I've already ordered a Sony by then I may be mad at myself :D

I just interpreted that as that there may be nothing to announce. Other than the Mac Pro and the 17" Macbook Pro, I don't think they'd do much but bump stuff. Now granted, those may be HUGE changes, but Apple's all focused on the cheaper stuff in terms of the big events.

You would actually buy a SLOWNY COMPUTER?

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
I hope he turns on the RDF because I'm ready to be suckered into the next big thing! *submits to Mapple*

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
You would actually buy a SLOWNY COMPUTER?

Yeah...I mean is there something wrong with them? (I'd like to know, 'cause whatever I buy it's a lot of money :( ) The AW I'm looking at has a similar price to the Macbook Pro, but has a physical wifi switch and an Intel chipset, Blu Ray, and a TV tuner.

I hope he turns on the RDF because I'm ready to be suckered into the next big thing! *submits to Mapple*

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
I was just referring to newegg's "here's the latest and greatest parts to build your new computer with" letters. There's a bunch in my junk mail folder. Intel i7 and blah blah blah...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.