Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Koobs123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
My computer is Authorized for my Iphone, so i can play music from my iphone on my computer and edit/sync settings.

I notice when selecting songs in my library I get a littler burn CD button, but when viewing music on my Iphone it dissapears.

Is there any way around this?

Koobs123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
i dont get the point of your question

your iphone cant burn cds so why have that option?

If you go to your friends house, and have 9gigs of music on your Iphone (that you transfered from your music library at home) and want to burn a CD for a road trip using the songs on your iphone.... how would you accomplish this?

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
If you go to your friends house, and have 9gigs of music on your Iphone (that you transfered from your music library at home) and want to burn a CD for a road trip using the songs on your iphone.... how would you accomplish this?

well you can download an app like senuti. that will take the songs off ipod and on a computer where you can then burn a cd

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA

Thats stealing music. Even if one person payed for it, that doesn't mean every single person in the world can 'borrow' music from him. Go out buy the CD, rip it onto your iTunes, sync your iPhone.

Koobs123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Thats stealing music. Even if one person payed for it, that doesn't mean every single person in the world can 'borrow' music from him. Go out buy the CD, rip it onto your iTunes, sync your iPhone.

you would also do the following

- Return drug money you found to the cops in hopes it is returned to the rightful owner
- ask a chick 5 times if shes sure she wants to sleep with you

dude, Kanye West, Ozzy, Dr.Dre all live in Mansions and drive a Ferrari... dont preach to me that I need to buy their music. Ill pay to see them in concert, but never for their CD

I have 1172 songs in my library. Lets say there is 18 tracks a CD

thats 65 CDs @ roughly 14.99 each.

$1000 bucks that I would rather spend on an Asian Hooker.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
dude, Kanye West, Ozzy, Dr.Dre all live in Mansions and drive a Ferrari... dont preach to me that I need to buy their music. Ill pay to see them in concert, but never for their CD

poor logic to justify it as there really is no justification to stealing music

but seriously fireshot91, friends borrow cds from each other is sorta more common than you realize. not saying its right but doesnt discount the fact its not uncommon. i know ive borrowed some of my friends cds in the past. thats how i discover music that ill later buy additional albums for. so i ask you to kindly step down from your high horse unless you can say you have never done anything questionable in your life (which you probably will say) lol

to the op: please change your mindset. why do you feel music should be free?

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
I know friends borrow CD's. In my library, I payed for 3 CDs. I got more than 7GB of Albums. My friend's dad buys like everything! literally. And then whenever I want something I go to my friend to see if he has it. And he normally does. I bought 3 CDs, the rest like ... I don't even know, I didn't pay for them.

I'm just saying, its wrong to get all that, maybe he cares, or doesn't know that its illegal.

cenetti

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008

It's his friend! not "every single person in the world" .... jezzuz fkn krist!

You know what, if I want to give my music to my friend to listen, I WILL...
same goes with MP-fkin-threes , cassettes, cds... laser discs, records..8-track
:mad:

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Aiite Aiite, I'm just saying its illegal- That's the reason why Apple won't put it onto the iPods/iPhones. If they do put it, they'd get sued the first day that its out by the people that make music.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
you would also do the following

- Return drug money you found to the cops in hopes it is returned to the rightful owner
- ask a chick 5 times if shes sure she wants to sleep with you

I have 1172 songs in my library. Lets say there is 18 tracks a CD

thats 65 CDs @ roughly 14.99 each.

$1000 bucks that I would rather spend on an Asian Hooker.

We really don't have enough racist douchebags in here...

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
We really don't have enough racist douchebags in here...

Did he say something bad about Asians? What I took from his "Asian hooker" comment was that he is attracted to Asians and would rather solicit sex with an Asian hooker than a hooker of any other ethnicity.

Sounds to me like a compliment. ;)

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
I notice when selecting songs in my library I get a littler burn CD button, but when viewing music on my Iphone it dissapears.

Is there any way around this?

Just slide a CD into the right side of the iPhone. Believe it or not, it will slide right in!

smasher33

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2013
jeezes christ, I googled the same damn question and looking here for answers I come across a bunch of *******s. Stealing music,
PHP:
dukebound85
PHP:
Tallest Skil
PHP:
fireshot91
quit being righteous dicks and answer the ****ing question. Obviously this person has already purchased the music if it is already on the iphone. I download my music from itunes directly to my phone, then when i get to a computer, i try and burn a disk to listen to in my car which only has a CD player. :eek: wrap your head around that.

Shame on you people and your useless input on stealing music.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
jeezes christ, I googled the same damn question and looking here for answers I come across a bunch of *******s. Stealing music,
PHP:
dukebound85
PHP:
Tallest Skil
PHP:
fireshot91
quit being righteous dicks and answer the ****ing question. Obviously this person has already purchased the music if it is already on the iphone. I download my music from itunes directly to my phone, then when i get to a computer, i try and burn a disk to listen to in my car which only has a CD player. :eek: wrap your head around that.

Shame on you people and your useless input on stealing music.

You responded to a 5 year old thread:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.