Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

priyank.ranka

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Hi does any one knows how to find that ipod is on or off inside the application. I want too switch off the ingame sound automatically if the application finds that ipod sound is on. thanx alot i nadvance...will appreciate all ur views. Waiting fr the replies

I make it more clear is there any way to find that speaker is generating output by any means in the application.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I thought it went if your app has sound, it automatically overrides. If it doesn't then other sounds are still allowed.

This was just my understanding however, I'm sure ill probably be proved wrong

priyank.ranka

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Hi i had activated the session which allows ipod sound to be on in the application but at the same time my sounds in the application are also play...so i want that when ipod sound is on it particularly set the sound flag to flase which allows the ingame sound to be played.

bigsprocket

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2008
There doesn't appear to be any way to tell what other audio is going on when your app starts up. You can't tell if the iPod is playing, and you can't tell if the mute switch is on.

Surely *somewhere* in the iPhone SDK, this stuff is known, and I sure hope Apple exposes it to us at some point. The only negative reviews I've gotten on the AppStore are people saying "no sound!" and the problem is they have the mute switch on. If we could detect that, I'd be able to tell them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.