Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajschlief

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
Washington
I have finally saved up the cash to buy that 32gb iPod Touch that i've wanted for so long. The problem is that my iTunes library is pretty beefy, while i only have about 5gb of music, i've got about 50 full-length movies and a couple seasons of my fav TV shows... i know for sure I want the Touch and not the classic even if it means i won't be able to sync my ENTIRE library. Still, I'd feel a whole lot better if i was buying a 64gb iPod Touch, has anyone heard if apple will be selling something along those lines any time soon? or just an iPod Touch with more HD space at all? please get back to me.

iCantwait

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
how often do you watch all your movies and tv shows? 16gb should keep you safe. 64gb is like driving massive 4WD around the city to compensate for a small d**k if you dont need to go 4WDing:D

teflon

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2007
No one really know exactly what Apple's product plans are, but it's highly unlikely that they'll release a higher capacity iPod touch soon. The price of flash memory is still too high for them to produce a reasonably priced 64gb iPod touch. If they produce a 64gb, they have to kick off the 8gb, and drop the price of the 16gb and 32gb accordingly since it's unlikely that Apple will have 4 iPod touches. New iPods usually come out in September, and I doubt we'd see a capacity bump this spring.

pisces03x

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a new iPod won't be announced. But even if it is, if you purchase one at this point it would still fall under the 14- or 30-day return policies for your store (depending on where you purchase from).

So if they do announce a new iPod touch on January 6th, you can return your iPod and get the new one ;)

KrazyKuul

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2008
DONT GET A 2G IPOD IF YOU WANT TO JAILBREAK

whatever you do, because it has a totally different processor than the 1g. the processor is faster but doesn't let you jailbreak it. even with many people trying to crack the processor, no one has succeeded yet.

i had many doubts about getting a 1g ipod right before the 2g came out, but i am so glad i got the 1g when i did.

otherwise, if you buy all your stuff for money and have an itunes account, get a 2g, it's much better.

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2008
There will always be a newer iPod. If you need one now, get it. If you like the upcoming one, get that too. Life is too short not to get what you want.

youssefm

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
iPods get updated every september for the most part, and the next update you will see is in september, so I say buy the 32gb touch now

EdBanger37

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2008
macworld is Monday. I'd wait to see if anything gets announced there. If nothing is announced, probably nothing will get announced until September

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
No one really know exactly what Apple's product plans are, but it's highly unlikely that they'll release a higher capacity iPod touch soon. The price of flash memory is still too high for them to produce a reasonably priced 64gb iPod touch. If they produce a 64gb, they have to kick off the 8gb, and drop the price of the 16gb and 32gb accordingly since it's unlikely that Apple will have 4 iPod touches. New iPods usually come out in September, and I doubt we'd see a capacity bump this spring.

Actually, the price of NAND flash memory has been dropping pretty significantly lately. As I recall, the 32GB Touch uses two 16GB modules. So it is likely that we could see a 32GB iPhone and a 64GB touch if not in January, at least before summer.

surgedc5

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
Southern California
well, if you remember last year in feb 08, they updated the ipod touch 1g to 32gb for 499, they dropped the price to 399 on sep when they introduce the ipod touch 2g

they can update the capacity if the prices of flash memory drops like it did last feb ;) but it will prob be 499 :(

darklighter

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2008
They may release a 64 GB version for $399 in 1st quarter , 2009. I would also expect a 32 GB iphone in the same time frame.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.