Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Hello, I have a quick question, but I can't find the exact answer on another thread. I am in the process of getting all of my music paired with the album art on my macbook. After I get this done tonight, I wish to move all of the music over to my pc (they are on the same network, I was going to just copy them over.)

My question is that when I do this, will the album art covers come over with the music files, or do I have to something else. (The only thread I saw stated that playlist will not transfer, but nothing about the album art.)

Thanks for any assistance.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
If you don't get a proper answer from someone, you can always try copying over 1 album to see if it brings the art with it.

If the art doesn't transfer over, and if you're moving the music into iTunes on your PC, iTunes should be able to re-find the art.

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
Copy the whole iTunes folder (with Album Artwork, iTunes Music, Mobile Applications, Previous iTunes Libraries, iTunes Library files, ect.) and do a copy/paste onto the other computer.

If you just copy the "randomsongtitle.mp3" files over you will lose all the album art (if you got artwork from the iTunes store) because the artwork is not in the file itself and is in the album artwork folder and linked through iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.