Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dale124

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Ok, first day with this Imac, and 2nd stupid question for you guys.
I have set up my user account, but need to add 2 more for my wife and daughter. I don't see where you do that. I tried the "accounts" area, but do not see anything that offers "add account".
Can anyone tell me what to look for?
Thank you,
Dale.

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
System Preferences>System Accounts> Then click the + sign on the left bottom under Login Options

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
In the Accounts pref pane, there should be a lock in the bottom left corner. That lock icon should be unlocked. Right above it there are two buttons, a "+" and a "-". Click the "+" to add a new account. You can fill the account info on the right side of the window. :)

Dale124

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Thanks, guys. Before I got the answer, I searched and searched, but couldn't find where it said "add user, or something similar. Who knew the little + sign was for that :eek:.
It may take some time to get used to this machine, but so far, it's a fun learning curve.
Dale.

cleetusvandamm

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2008
dont forget to enable fast switching when you setup those accounts..its a must IMO with multiple accounts on one Mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.