Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DPA

macrumors 65816
Original poster
I would like to build a simple app that I could put on my iPhone for viewing my swimming times, records, time standards and a couple other categories. This would be done in a simple table that would pull data off of tables from a couple websites. I am new to coding/programming. I have read BecomingAnXcoder. I am willing to take several months to learn coding and a fast learner and am very ambitous. Please link me to some website that I can read about Objective-C and iPhone programming. I've downloaded the SDK and will pay the $100 thing. I want to evetually post apps on the App store but this one I would like to be on only a few iPhones. How hard would this all be and how much do I have to learn. BTW, I'm 13 so I don't have a job and have a lot of time to do this.

Thanks in advanced,
David

DPA

macrumors 65816
Original poster
OK, thanks Dejo. Is it possible to have an application pull data from a table on a website if the format of the table is not changed? One website is built in HTML and the other PHP. The only thing that changes in the formatting is that some type is sometimes boldfaced when changed. I have taken a look at the stickies and some other forums. I think I am set for a few weeks.:D

Thanks,
David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.