Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlesbronsen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
Toronto, Ont
I am probably going to get ripped to shreds for this simple question...

What does nano mean? I have no clue what the difference is between an iPod classic and a nano. And now all this iPhone nano talk has got me curious.:rolleyes:

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
I am probably going to get ripped to shreds for this simple question...

What does nano mean? I have no clue what the difference is between an iPod classic and a nano. And now all this iPhone nano talk has got me curious.:rolleyes:

You do know what kind of company Apple is though right? :eek: :D

Check out Apple.com for its product range then you should be able to fill in the blanks about an iPhone nano.
:rolleyes:

Right now you are using the internet on what is called a computer. ;)

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
Nano, in the sense of units of measurement, is very small. In the metric system, the "nano" prefix means "one-billionth." You may have heard of certain computing tasks taking place in terms of nanoseconds-- these are very short bits of time indeed.

Nano in the Apple realm refers to a product that does much the same as another Apple product, but is much smaller in size. The current iPod nano does almost everything the iPod classic does, including video, but is considerably smaller and lighter.

The rumored iPhone nano would, thus, share much of the full-size iPhone's functionality-- albeit with a smaller size, smaller screen (9 apps on the home screen, perhaps, instead of the iPhone's 16) and smaller data storage capacity.

You can go to the apple.com website to compare the iPod classic and iPod nano, and extrapolate the possibility of an iPhone nano from there.

I figured you could use a brief respite from the "shredding". :D

charlesbronsen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
Toronto, Ont
Ahhh- I see said the blind man. Thank you for your response.

The current iPod nano does almost everything the iPod classic does, including video, but is considerably smaller and lighter.
so what does the classic do that the nano cannot? sorry i just did not see it on apple's site. please be nice to old used and abused blind man.:D

gjw4u

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
Switzerland
Ahhh- I see said the blind man. Thank you for your response.

so what does the classic do that the nano cannot? sorry i just did not see it on apple's site. please be nice to old used and abused blind man.:D

I can not believe how lazy you seem to be.
1) Goto the following Apple.com page
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_nano?mco=MTE2OTU
2) In the lower right hand select the 'Compare' button to see a comparison of all the iPods.

Of course the lazy-pod is not listed

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I can not believe how lazy you seem to be.
1) Goto the following Apple.com page
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_nano?mco=MTE2OTU
2) In the lower right hand select the 'Compare' button to see a comparison of all the iPods.

Of course the lazy-pod is not listed

that gives him a comparison of specs i think he was looking for the definition of the word NANO in apple terms which dXTC answered for him. that page would be no help to what he is looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.