Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jason S.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
I imported a few Now That's What I Call Music volumes into my library, and changed the Info on the songs to reflect the original album, track numbers, etc., but iTunes is still fetching incorrect album art for all of the songs.

The art is not even the NOW covers, but rather... something else. And the odd thing is all of the songs are getting the same exact cover.

I'm not sure how iTunes fetches its album art, and I would like to stay away from embedding the art in the actual files, so any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

teleromeo

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2006
kidnapped by aliens
you'll hasve to delete the downloaded album art and scan the CD covers you want to use. Select all the faulty tracks and right click on them, in the menu that appears select 'delete downloaded album art' (or something similar) After that select all files of each album and drag the scanned cover to the illustration field.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
you'll hasve to delete the downloaded album art and scan the CD covers you want to use. Select all the faulty tracks and right click on them, in the menu that appears select 'delete downloaded album art' (or something similar) After that select all files of each album and drag the scanned cover to the illustration field.

Or just google the album cover and click and drag it.

Jason S.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
I was hoping to avoid those methods if possible because they would embed the art in the actual files, increasing the file size.

What applications can I use to completely remove the metadata from the MP3s?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.