Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chipNdale

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
i have a 2G itouch and i noticed that my battery drains fast /faster when am using it to browse the net or browse pics at my photos compared to the battery life when am using it for playing mp3s..is that normal for the 2G itouch?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
well how fast?

On my 1G touch I can get around 3 ish hours browsing because 25% brightness is plenty

oliverdax40

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2008
battery life

Yes,It's true battery life is short I'm using now 2ndgen iPod touch which gave as a Christmas present to my daugther , we owned also 1stgen iPod touch and we recognize the difference of the battery life I hope apple will take this problem but , it's a good good device no debate on it that's why we bought again for a another one ... Thanks to Steve Jobs for creating this gadget more power to apple company!!!

biikman

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2008
well how fast?

On my 1G touch I can get around 3 ish hours browsing because 25% brightness is plenty

3 hours is also about what I get on my IPT 2G. Not great, but guess if I am going to be online for more than that, I'd use my desktop. If i'm just using it for music, podcasts then no complaints on battery life, 25-30 hours.

quick5pnt0

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2008
What the 2g has that the 1g doesn't

Faster processor speed
Volume buttons
External speakers
Nike+
Different curved back
Comes with 2.2

The only downside to the 2g is there is no jailbreak for it yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.