Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bozigle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Hi,
Is there a limitation of the number of time i can download movies music on my computer once i purchased it from iTune Store.
Could i buy a movie(or whatever) watch it and free my hd of it... until some friends or some years pass by and i download it again?
or do i have a certain amount of times(1?) i can download the stuff and i have to keep it on my computer forever and hope the hard drive doesn't break down.

wizzracer

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Dallas, Texas
humm that's blows...
maybe an idea for the itunes 23
anyway, thanks for the fast answer.

You can DL it again up to 5 times. Read real close about Authorizing. If you have more then one box or laptop. Just be sure if you sell a machine to deauthorize it first.

Cander

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2008
You can DL it again up to 5 times. Read real close about Authorizing. If you have more then one box or laptop. Just be sure if you sell a machine to deauthorize it first.

Authorization has nothing to do with downloads. You are only entitled to one download from iTunes.

"When you buy a song or album from the iTunes Store, you are entitled to download it only once."

wizzracer

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Dallas, Texas
"When you buy a song, video, game, or album from the iTunes Store, you are entitled to download it a single time. If you want to download it again, you must purchase it again. You can copy downloaded content between authorized computers."

Just move a copy up to 5 machines. You then can replace any lost DL.

Or just burn a Backup to disk.

KelchM

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2007
Just move a copy up to 5 machines. You then can replace any lost DL..

He can make as many copies on as many different machines as he wants.

You can only authorize 5 of them for playing the files though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.