Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dg1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Has anyone had any problems with the iPhone 3G not taking calls? Friends have told me that they tried to call me but the phone didn't ring at all and there's no record in Recent Calls. I actually tried calling my phone from a landline and the same thing has happened. This has happened several times. It usually starts working again if I make an outgoing phonecall or reboot. I've only had my phone for about 1 month. Any ideas?

Thanks.

DPA

macrumors 65816
Have you removed and reinserted the SIM card with the SIM ejection tool? Sometimes there is not connection and you need to put a layer or two or tape on the side to push it against the "thing" that reads the card. Try the restore first if you haven't already and try turing off 3G service, see if you can take a call on Edge. I also hope you don't have it on Airplane Mode.:p

David

dg1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks, I tried all your suggestions plus re-booting again. So far it seems to be working.

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
My first generation iPhone stopped accepting calls a few days ago. It also wasn't getting voice mail or text messages. Rebooting it took care of the problem.

dg1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
The problem started again today and it actually happened 2x today after I rebooted. I finally went to the Genius Bar. Apparently, AT&T has been having problems with the 3G network. So they suggested turning off 3G.

DPA

macrumors 65816
The problem started again today and it actually happened 2x today after I rebooted. I finally went to the Genius Bar. Apparently, AT&T has been having problems with the 3G network. So they suggested turning off 3G.

The 3G network is going to take a long time to get working right. Maybe by the time 4G starts rolling out (2012-2015) it will be close to perfect. Much like 3G is out now and 2G is pretty good and reliable.

David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.