Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
What is the install size of your iPhone apps you guys are working on? It might dictate whether people should get an 8GB or 16GB iPhone.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Mine is going to be less than 500k (that's half a megabyte) not including the data that the user enters, which might be a few more k after a while.

Games could be a few hundred megabytes.

car1580

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2009
Hi.
I want to find out current size of my application. How can I check the same.
My application does not take any input from a user. It's a simple game which only take touch as input.

Thanking you in anticipation.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
What is the install size of your iPhone apps you guys are working on? It might dictate whether people should get an 8GB or 16GB iPhone.
My apps are 0.2 MB and 1 MB. Somehow I don't think that's gonna affect anyone's capacity decision.

I want to find out current size of my application. How can I check the same
A good estimate is the size of your .app file in your project's build/Debug-iphoneos folder.

car1580

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2009
Thanks a lot for your kind help.

My ".app" file is currently 5.8 MB
So this means my current application size is same.
correct ??

Also one more question on this.
When we download any application from app store, it shows size like 4 Mb or something. So what I understand from this is this is the amount of disk space the application takes.

so is this size and size of ".app" are same ??
or apple has their "special policies" which adds extra pounds to application.
Or is their any thing which I should take care of to keep my application size as minimum as possible.
With the limit on size of 2 GB this hardly matters but I want to keep my application as light as possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.