Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjs862

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2004
I did a search on it, but didn't find anything. What is the best program to open a .djvu file?

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
Not sure where you searched, but a quick Google search found a lot of info- you can find three Mac compatible programs to open .djvu files here to get you started. Just Google "djvu" if you need more.

kjs862

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2004
Thank you. I downloaded the standalone program to view the file (not plugin), however it doesn't give me the option of printing. Is this typical with djvu files and if so is there a way around this?

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
Well I don't really know anything about the .djvu files in general, but I downloaded the second viewer in the list (listed as DjVuLibre DjView) and then went out and downloaded a random .djvu file and the print function showed up fine as an icon in the program (see attached screenshot- the second icon) as well as in the Mac "File" menu as the standard "Print..." selection. Both ways of printing worked fine for me.

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 865

kjs862

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2004
Alright I downloaded the third viewer on the list, and for some reason that program doesn't have print functionality. After downloading the one that you said I was all OK. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.