Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sallythemac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
Current version 1.4 has it, but developer has noted on app store that 1.5 has been rejected due to the battery indicator and it is having to be removed as a feature.

Just a heads up.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Current version 1.4 has it, but developer has noted on app store that 1.5 has been rejected due to the battery indicator and it is having to be removed as a feature.

Just a heads up.

So if we update to 1.5 it will be taken off? Screw that, I might just stay with 1.4.

CoolGuy2550

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2008
So now the question is,

when Free Memory 1.4 goes to 1.5, how can I ignore that update so it won't show a badge on the App Store icon? Or I will always be stuck with the badge until I update?

I really just needed to see a percentage view of my battery and that app does it for me without having to jailbreak.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
So now the question is,

when Free Memory 1.4 goes to 1.5, how can I ignore that update so it won't show a badge on the App Store icon? Or I will always be stuck with the badge until I update?

I really just needed to see a percentage view of my battery and that app does it for me without having to jailbreak.

I think you'll be stuck with seeing the badge, although I think there is another app like Free Memory that shows the percentage of battery life left.

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
Darn they can't remove the battery percentage in free memory that was the only thing I bought the app for!!

I guess istat won't have it anytime soon then :(

Aumz

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2008
Apple takeing away another feature that consumers want. Exactly what sort of company is this really.

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
Apple takeing away another feature that consumers want. Exactly what sort of company is this really.

I'd be willing to bet that very, very few iPhone owners want this feature. As Bertrand has pointed out before, an overabundance of choices can be worse than leaving out a couple features that only a few people want.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
You could always jailbreak... get the battery percentage hack... backup... restore... restore from backup. Then you'll still have the battery percentage and you can tap on it to change it from icon to percent.

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK

Just a heads up.

Awww, that was one of the reasons I bought the app...Well that and viewing open processes. I guess I'll be staying in 1.4 it seems.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
You could always jailbreak... get the battery percentage hack... backup... restore... restore from backup. Then you'll still have the battery percentage and you can tap on it to change it from icon to percent.

Really? I always thought the percentage was always there, I didn't know could tap it to bring up the icon.
I'll most likely do this one redsn0w is released.

CoolGuy2550

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2008
I think you'll be stuck with seeing the badge, although I think there is another app like Free Memory that shows the percentage of battery life left.

Do you know the name of the app? or do I have to jailbreak?

That seems like a reasonable solution. Is it through SBSettings or there is an actual hack that exists? Though I have not needed to jailbreak just yet, but this might be the reason to.

Thanks in advance!

koollectablz

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
I JB on 2.2, installed the % hack and pretty much everything else I could find, then updated to 2.2.1 and haven't JB again yet.

Still got the % showing - just tap to go back and forth.

I thought at first Apple had implemented it in 2.2.1 :eek:

The only thing I miss from not being JB is having a wallpaper and SBSettings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.