Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
I don't know if this is a cydia problem or a problem with my phone.

Last night after in 2.1.1, cydia was working fine. But today it never fully loads.

It shows loading data than drops back to the springboard. Anyone elase having this problem today?

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
I don't know if this is a cydia problem or a problem with my phone.

Last night after in 2.1.1, cydia was working fine. But today it never fully loads.

It shows loading data than drops back to the springboard. Anyone elase having this problem today?

Reinstall it. Had a similar problem where it constantly crashed.

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
Yeah, mine used to crash EVERY time I refreshed. It was really annoying. Then I reinstalled it, which took less than a minute. Voila! And Cydia works fine once more. But then I updated it and now it always has to 'Reload Data' :rolleyes:

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
...Oh. I see. You're probably going to have to replace your Cydia with a 'healthy' Cydia via SSH. Or do a restore. Only options available really... :(

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
Instead of SSHing into the phone just restore and rejailbreak. Should be easier.

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
Instead of SSHing into the phone just restore and rejailbreak. Should be easier.

That is what I ended up doing-but it FRIGGIN takes forever-it would have been much quicker to reinstall Cydia... :mad:

If anyone can post directions on just reinstalling Cydia I would appreciate it-just in case I have to do it again.

jt566

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2009
Cydia for Unlocked Iphone 3GS

Sorry to hijack your post. I have a factory unlocked 3GS and am trying to install 3G Unrestrictor. From what I have read I need to do this through the cydia icon on my springboard, but since I didnt jailbreak my phone I dont not have this icon. So how would I go about installing this app to my phone?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Sorry to hijack your post. I have a factory unlocked 3GS and am trying to install 3G Unrestrictor. From what I have read I need to do this through the cydia icon on my springboard, but since I didnt jailbreak my phone I dont not have this icon. So how would I go about installing this app to my phone?

Jailbreak your phone which will install Cydia, then install 3G Unrestrictor via Cydia

It's the only way

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA

This can't be a serious question...can it?

ipodgenius

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
rock it

download rock then type in cydia installer uninstall it the reinstall it then it should respring then go into cydia taa-daa:D:D:D

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
download rock then type in cydia installer uninstall it the reinstall it then it should respring then go into cydia taa-daa:D:D:D

PLEASE dont get rock. its terrible.
Once its on your phone you cannot completely get it off until you restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.