Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calif.bob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
We have a 2nd Generation 16GB iPod Touch and we want to block a couple of websites on it so they are not accessible on the device.

Is there a specific setting or something within the iPod touch that I can modify to accomplish this?

One solution would be to log into our wifi router and block the sites, but that would block them for everyone who connects and we are really just trying to limit the websites on the iPod itself.

Any thoughts, ideas or pointers would be appreciated.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
We have a 2nd Generation 16GB iPod Touch and we want to block a couple of websites on it so they are not accessible on the device.

Is there a specific setting or something within the iPod touch that I can modify to accomplish this?

One solution would be to log into our wifi router and block the sites, but that would block them for everyone who connects and we are really just trying to limit the websites on the iPod itself.

Any thoughts, ideas or pointers would be appreciated.

On your Wifi router, you can actually add the IP or better yet the MAC address of the iPod touch, from there you can set to block the sites only for the iPod touch - given that the iPod touch is always connected to your own Wifi network. Most of the routers has that feature, you can probably search Google yours.

calif.bob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
I never thought of that.

So if I understand this correctly, I could obtain the MAC ID of the device and then basically create a rule or a blacklist of websites to be blocked.

Thanks for the info.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I never thought of that.

So if I understand this correctly, I could obtain the MAC ID of the device and then basically create a rule or a blacklist of websites to be blocked.

Thanks for the info.

Always a pleasure to help ;)

Emk4630

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2010
You can disable safari and the app store from the itouch itself, but just disabling certain websites will require you to disable from theac ID of the itouch:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.